Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Some of the Sebbies and American Buffs soaking up the sun.
love.gif

We converted the garden into a goose pen for the winter. Please pardon the mess.

~ Aspen

I am looking at the wing and it is too hard to see if the end of the wing is twisted. All I can see is straight feathers going back and down. If it was twisted wing those feathers would be shooting straight out looking like the goose could take off like an airplane. People are getting staright feathering mixed up for TWT. You have to feel the wing and go over the end of the wing to see if it is turned out wards and feels deformed. Like when you look at chicken wings when getting them ready to cook how they lay with the wing. TWT would looked all turned.
Hope this might help a bit.

I am looking at the wing and it is too hard to see if the end of the wing is twisted. All I can see is straight feathers going back and down. If it was twisted wing those feathers would be shooting straight out looking like the goose could take off like an airplane. People are getting staright feathering mixed up for TWT. You have to feel the wing and go over the end of the wing to see if it is turned out wards and feels deformed. Like when you look at chicken wings when getting them ready to cook how they lay with the wing. TWT would looked all turned.
Hope this might help a bit.
I've always associated angel wing with the airplane look. Does TWT look like that, too?

I am going to try and feel his wings tomorrow, last time I caught him he pouted for four days
tongue.gif
lol the little stinker wouldnt look at me or "talk to me " when I came near he walked away, kept it up for four days! Maybe I will try yummy papaya bribe. I will try to get better wing pics tomorrow too.

If it is TWT you will feel it going the wrong way instead of the way a chicken wing or turkey wing lays. To me of what I can see it looks like just straight feathers shooting out.

I agree with Barb, it looks like some "straighter" flights. A lot of times the younger birds feathers will grow in semi straight for a while and then finally they will twist and fall down to the sides.

ETA: Part of the reason these straighter feathers stick out so far is because of them being longer. Sebastopols not only have the frizzle gene, but there is something in their genes that gives them the longer feathers also. It hasn't been discussed alot but it is clearly written about in the Standard.

Quote:

Last edited:
Im not sure I tried to feel his wings but I couldn't hang on to him by myself, will have to wait til I get someone to help here is another pic you can see how the feathers twist upside down

I took a few pictures of the kids today... For some reason... their feathers looked fuller and longer a few months ago. I don't know if they break them off or if I am doing something wrong..<shrug> They will be a yr old this Spring..
100_271626_430000000.jpg
100_271628_020000000.jpg

Renie your sebbies are still youngsters and it takes a good 3 year for the feathering to come out to it's best. Yes, some sebbies do have super feathering at a young age but those are far and few inbetween. For one the feathers look wet because they are out in the snow and will take what I call snow baths and the feathering does not look as fluffy. I catch mine out there in the snow acting like they are in water flapping snow all over their feathering. Making the feathering look flatter.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom