Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been here in awhile but thought I would update you. This is our first breeding season and no one warned us on what would happen to Sebastian. He started hissing at my kids and chasing them. Then one day he bit my oldest and tore her hand up quite a bit. After then my husband was very upset and told me to find them a home. BUT then I started talking to people and even found a nest with two eggs. It all made since. Since we love Sebastian and Lillian so much my husband built them their own space so the kids can still enjoy the chickens and ducks without having to watch their back. The area is not done and will have some grass for them but so far the fence is up and the rock is in. We will also be making a house for them but for now I'm so happy to say Lillian is sitting on 9-10 eggs!!!! They have their own space and the geese and the kids are much happier. Here are some recent pics: Their new area: Sebastian before breeding season This is a cool video of Lillian building her nest:

That is so exciting she has started to set!! Time 30 days.
wee.gif

PS This is Sherry from FB

Last edited:
I am waiting for somebody top help me recover my account. In the meantime- got a new computer to put all my goose pictures in. Now we're just waiting on one more girl to start laying.

Last edited:
I haven't been here in awhile but thought I would update you. This is our first breeding season and no one warned us on what would happen to Sebastian. He started hissing at my kids and chasing them. Then one day he bit my oldest and tore her hand up quite a bit. After then my husband was very upset and told me to find them a home. BUT then I started talking to people and even found a nest with two eggs. It all made since. Since we love Sebastian and Lillian so much my husband built them their own space so the kids can still enjoy the chickens and ducks without having to watch their back. The area is not done and will have some grass for them but so far the fence is up and the rock is in. We will also be making a house for them but for now I'm so happy to say Lillian is sitting on 9-10 eggs!!!! They have their own space and the geese and the kids are much happier.
Here are some recent pics:

Their new area:

Sebastian before breeding season

This is a cool video of Lillian building her nest:
I love their new yard..how beautiful and congratulations on Lillian and her nest!!
I am waiting for somebody top help me recover my account. In the meantime- got a new computer to put all my goose pictures in. Now we're just waiting on one more girl to start laying.

What a beautiful goose!!
X2

~ Aspen

Thanks. Maybe they will get this figured out so I can get back in and get to my other pictures.....

BTW I have a charity egg auction up on another site if anybody wants the link. 7 hours later and its still not showing up in searches.

Last edited:
Your pair have started the breeding season and she will lay a full clutch before she starts sitting. So remember she will not stay sitting on them full time until done laying then she should go broody. Then you can count 30 days until hatching.

Lovely set up for your pair. Best wishes for a good hatch.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way that our lovely sebastopols turn into hate everybody and everything when breeding season comes around. But when finished up with the season they will be better again.

Back
Top Bottom