Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

My 3 are up and moving...new as of last night and the final 2 finished hatching sometime during the night...The littlest one is Gigi, and the last one is Georgie (and the 1st, largest is still Baby Gaga for now.) I can't wait to get them in the brooder and see them fluffed up! I Love baby goslings! :love

Pete! Good to see you here! Thanks! they are so cute and getting better at walking..I've got the vent plugs out and hoping they dry up more this am...maybe they can go into the brooder box later tonight or today. :p

Quick question from someone just really getting into breeding sebs this year. I have a yearling trio that are laying smaller eggs. Their babies are only hatching about 1/2 the time. This percentage is out of fertile eggs. They go into the hatcher and only 1/2 of them pip and hatch. Is this normal for young sebs? Could they be too big for the eggs? Is there anything I can do to help this?
Thanks for your expertise!

Henry is still hanging in there. I have watched him eat and drink. It's hard for him but he can do it. Henry weighs 5.2 ounces and Vine weighs 9 oz.
Look at the size difference!
Oh and I'm soooooo in love with goslings! They are so fun!

Awww!! He might be small, but he will be mighty! I am sure with your loving care, he will be fine! I have a goose that is kinda wimpy and petite, but she is one of our favorites, we just don't use her for breeding. Enjoy them while they are small, because they grow really fast! (as you probably remember from raising Sebastion) How long until you hear back from the lab?
Another thing you can do for good nutrition is cutting grass up and putting in their water (to keep it from drying out). It seems to have much of the nutrition waterfowl needs.
hugs.gif

Awww!! He might be small, but he will be mighty! I am sure with your loving care, he will be fine! I have a goose that is kinda wimpy and petite, but she is one of our favorites, we just don't use her for breeding. Enjoy them while they are small, because they grow really fast! (as you probably remember from raising Sebastion) How long until you hear back from the lab? Another thing you can do for good nutrition is cutting grass up and putting in their water (to keep it from drying out). It seems to have much of the nutrition waterfowl needs.
hugs.gif
I'm surprised the lab hasn't called yet. Ill call them Friday if I don't hear anything. The grass is a great idea! I can't believe how fast they grow. Every day Vine gets bigger Henry stays the same. lol It's crazy!

So exactly 2 months after my lavender girl Emma started laying she's gone full on broody. We hatched one baby from her and shipped it out. I was really hoping to have some for myself but her eggs are small and super calcified and never go full term. Maybe next season will be better. Going to give her some eggs in a few days and see how she does. There are so many feathers in that nest you'd think she was bald.
LOL!! I have a nest like that too! My Lucy was off of her nest and bathing in the pools with the other 3 geese yesterday. I looked out across the yard at the nest and SWORE there was another goose on the nest!!! I only have 4 geese, and no I had not had any wine (yet)!!!
lol.png

My 3 are up and moving...new as of last night and the final 2 finished hatching sometime during the night...The littlest one is Gigi, and the last one is Georgie (and the 1st, largest is still Baby Gaga for now.) I can't wait to get them in the brooder and see them fluffed up! I Love baby goslings!
love.gif

Congrats Lisa!!!! They are adorable!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom