Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

When he comes at people do they throw out their arms and act bigger then him or just stand there or run? You have to show ganders you are bigger then they are. Make sure they stand their ground and put their arms out and flap them to show I am bigger than you are and go walk after and chase him!!!

You need to correct him pretty darn quick or he will do it all the time. Or pick him up when he goes to bite and hold him he will then want to get away when you put him down.

I will have them try that and see if it works- thanks!

He never goes after me and always backs down but runs after my 2 year old as soon as she is in site - she is never alone and we scare the gander off but he sure is getting daring. Yesterday he started to go after my 11 year old sons feet so he went to grab him and pick him up and the gander gave him a nice bite on the arm- very crazy since they have been BFF's all this time.

Hi favorite thing to do is sneak up behind someone and bite their leg or ankles
hu.gif
(full grown adults) I was expecting aggressive behavior next Spring around breeding time but surprised to see him acting this way so young. Considering I have another male I am wondering if I should re home him if this behavior continues??? I was so disappointed he turned out to be smooth and not curly but really loved his sweet personality...this is making him hard to love (and trust!)

I will have everyone act big and stand their ground and see what he does- thanks for the great advice!

Here is the little stinker

And the rest of the flock

Thanks for the help!

Trish

Your goose on the right looks like she has pink bill and feet. Is she by any chance related to my flock?

She does have a very pink bill and feet- very different from the orange color the other 3 have. She is super sweet and very pretty
love.gif

I got all my Sebbies from Celtic on BYC- is it possible she has stock from you? Does the pink color mean anything?

Thanks,
Trish

Trish are you breeding for show quality Sebastopol's? If so as Pips and Peeps says the pink bill and feet are a disqualification. Breed her to a gander with deep orange feet and bill.

Is your little stinker related to any of the ones you have? If he gets too out of hand and you can not stop his aggression you may have to rehome him. I am afraid for your 2 year old when he is full grown since she is so little he can hurt her because they can bite really hard and use them wings to flap and hurt her. As you can see I am worried about the 2 year old..... If he is like this now it will get really bad during breeding season.

Some of the old foundation lines had pink bills & feet.

Here's some of my 2013 babies, starting to poof out.
Can't wait to see how they look at 5 - 6 months.
So much fun watching them develop
Hope everybody is having fun with their babies...I'm a bit overwhelmed this year
having kept almost 30 goslings. Looking forward to them going to their new homes.

Youngest group of ganders

Last edited:
Trish.......... your boys are related to each other but not the two girls you have. The girls are out of two different moms as well one being not related to any bird recently pictured on this thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom