Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Quote:
I certainly hope it was the birds you already had that are laying, not my kids......

By the way how did they turn out?? Did the blue feathers stay blue and are they all females?

pips&peeps :

Quote:
I certainly hope it was the birds you already had that are laying, not my kids......

By the way how did they turn out?? Did the blue feathers stay blue and are they all females?

Yes the older girls, not the younger girls from you. All three are girls, two have deffinetly blue blue, the baby of the three is making me crazy with her color. Need to take a close up and post, she almost has a buff look going on.​

Was organizing some pictures and came across this one of my sebs this past spring.

2011-03-30153534.jpg

Thanks! I did order the Book of Geese and while it was a little more through them i ordered it from Holderreads and hopefully it will be here soon!!. I would like to incubate my eggs and i'm hoping there is some good info on that since i heard they are much harder to hatch. I'm looking at rcom or king suro. What do most people use for geese with out investing in a cabinet, which may come eventually since i'm sure i'll be setting some at different times depending on how they lay. Also how long can you stock up on eggs before setting them? [
84621_578.jpg
Also can anyone tell from the pic what sex I have? They are supposed to be 3 females and 1 male. Oh and i know my saddle back had a funny neck, she was pecked by a turkey as a gosling
sad.png
poor baby

Quote:
So cute!
Tell you what- I had the best luck with goose eggs by putting them in a GQF hovabator (genesis) in the turner and leaving then alone. No spraying, cooldowns or anything. I had so many eggs from different days I just couldn't keep track. The only thinkg you have to watch is make sure the eggs don't tip and fall out of the turner. I had to leave 2 spaces in between.

I have a brinsea that is coming the 27. It was reasonably priced and the whole incubator rocks so you wou don't have to worry about them falling out. You can gather eggs for about 10 days before "fertility" goes down. The best thing to do would just be to gather X amount of eggs from your stock then mark them with a 1 or A etc. Then after another 10 days or so set the second amount of eggs with a 2 or B etc. And make sure to right down The dates you set them.

Thanks! I'm back and forth between Brinsea and Rcom. I just need something that is dummy proof that i can set and forget, or at least almost forget. I have a hovabator, not the genisis though, the one with 2 small windows, circulated air and a turner (but it's for chickens) I want to use that for my chicken eggs and invest in something that will give me the best possible hatch rate since these guys aren't cheap, I'm also looking into cream legbar eggs and as much as they cost i don't want to screw them up. I'm bidding on some eggs now (chicken) so we'll see how i do at hatching with a styrofoam bator and it being my first time
hmm.png

I have to admit an incubator that i love and that i literally set up and forgot about (besides occasionally making sure humidity tray was full was the 1502 GQF sportsman. I set the temperature on the digital monitor, filled the water tray, and 16 days later i heard peeping coming from the bator and opened it up to find button quail coming out of my ears.

My male Sebbie that is 8 months old has started mating with my 6 month old Super African goose. Christmas Eve I found 4 eggs!!! I let the ducks and geese out of the pen this morning and the Super African ran to the spare coop where she is laying her eggs to check on things. That's my guess since she didn't stay in there. Very cool but I sure wish I had an incubator.

HMM i was told i wouldn't be happy til i had a cabinent incubator. lol they look complicated to me. lol only problem with those is i can find them used a good price but no one will ship. I found an incredible deal on a king suro and a brinsea but once again they won't take paypal or ship:( I really need something. I don't know when they will start laying and if i don't have a good incubator by then i'm going to cry. lol

Back
Top Bottom