Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Thanks! what temp and humidity do you set yours at when hatching chicken and goose eggs? Do you still spray your goose eggs or just let them be?

I may have hit the incubator jack pot! Just one a whim i called the people i get my horses hay from. They used to raise quail and phesants but stopped. I just asked if maybe they had some incubators for sale and they said actually they do!!! So hopefully they have some nice ones and will sell them at a good price (plus they are like 5 min from our farm)

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

One more question. If geese are normally penned if i let them out during the day will they come back in at night (if there feed is in the pen) or will i have to round them up? They don't go crazy over feed so i'm worried that i might have to round them up. lol eventually i'd like to put in V mesh fence for my horses and an LGD and they can go to town but until then i hate to keep them in their pen even its supposedly big enough, plus i'd love for them to graze so i can cut down on feed costs

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I just thought you guys might like to know. I have purchased the pair of lavender sebastopols that CottageRose owns. She got them directly from Dave Holderread before he quit breeding Sebastopols. I am just super excited to be getting them. Thanks again CottageRose.
smile.png

Quote:
Hi IndigoSky. Welcome. You will love Sebbies. I have a pair that are almost 9 months old. I don't know everything but I can tell you mine are easy to take care of. They like playing in the water all the time. I have a kiddie pool for them and my ducks. They will even sleep in the pool on occassion but not with the ducks in the pool..... hehe

. Are you gettin goslings or older geese and how many? As far as I can tell nothing special so far. I'm with them everyday to keep them socialized with people. I want to make sure they stay nice. Mine don't like me to catch them but once caught they get comfy on my lap. They can't really take the water (rain) like the other geese because there feathers don't protect them. We don't get a lot of rain or cold weather here but what we get doesn't seem to bother them. You might want to have some sort of protection for them. They eat what the ducks eat. I hope this helps.

Quote:
My geese free range with my ducks, chickens and turkeys and guineas. I don't have a lot of land, almost 2 acres. They stay around the house and the horse pen. They travel around with the ducks and will run up and down my backyard. Every night they go into the pen. Once in a while I have 2 geese the like to stay just outside the pen. I think they wait for me to put them up. I have no troubles with them at all. You can learn to herd the geese into the pen too. It's not hard just takes a little patience and practice. It's actually fun. You just have to pretend you are the big bird with big wings, go slow and move just a little for the direction you want them to go.

Hello All,
I took pictures of my geese yesterday playing in the water. Then they started looking at me as if to say, "Who is in there??" "I see you looking at me" and well, I'm sure you can think of some others......... lol.

45848_1-6-2012g_4.jpg

45848_1-6-2012g_11.jpg

45848_1-6-2012g_7.jpg

45848_1-6-2012g_14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom