Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Ripple looks a lot like my Claire. They remind me of meringue.
big_smile.png

The birds (and people!)really enjoyed the lovely weather over the weekend. Today, not so much!

The one out front here, whom I think is a boy, is available if anybody needs him. I am wary about putting ads up this time of year and getting the wrong kind of customers or poachers...like we need any more poachers up here!

Which gander is availabe? the one in the last photo or the first?

Your geese are so pretty! I wish i was ready For more i like the spots on that gander. When you say poachers do you mean they steal your geese or what?

We've had repeated issues with hunters trespassing on our property, even off season. Its supposed to be a wildlife preserve, but they don't care. I know too many people here that have lost entire flocks, especially around the holidays. :(

He/she was supposed to go to a friend out of state, but situations changed. Hope I can find him a new flock before breeding season starts. I guess I will send the DNA in to eliminate any doubt.

Here's another pic:

Last edited:
How tragic, that is terrible. Is there anyone you can report the trespassing to? I am sure they are breaking multiple laws hunting on a wildlife preserve, never mind shooting peoples pet animals!
We've had repeated issues with hunters trespassing on our property, even off season. Its supposed to be a wildlife preserve, but they don't care. I know too many people here that have lost entire flocks, especially around the holidays. :(

He/she was supposed to go to a friend out of state, but situations changed. Hope I can find him a new flock before breeding season starts. I guess I will send the DNA in to eliminate any doubt.

Here's another pic:

Amy,

Don't waste your money getting DNA on that splash bird. He is a diluted gray gander.
Thanks, Jean. I figured the way he's been giving Bumble a hard time. Eh, what to do.....

Josie- they are well aware of the problems. Even when we catch the people in the act, its hard to prosecute them seen as how they are related to everybody in the county.

Back
Top Bottom