Hi everyone, I am on day 7 of incubation my Sebastopol geese eggs. This thread is for others to post their candeling pictures I’ll be posting mine every few days. I have never incubated eggs before and decided to start with the expensive Sebastopol goose eggs because I am impatient and didn’t want to lose this breeding season to practice on cheaper eggs. I went on eBay and saw that someone selling these eggs lived 15 minutes from me so I got very luck and got fresh unshipped eggs. My eggs were put in incubator day 3 after laying. But I am a little lost my Candeling looks different then I usually see there pictures are of 7 day incubation. Are my babies alive? I think so but now doubt is creeping in. Egg weights on day 7 were Egg 1: 187.5 G Egg 2: 197.3 Egg 3: 185.7 G

IMG_6295.jpeg

View attachment 3765504

View attachment 3765504View attachment 3765505All three are out and alive. I did assist a shrink wrapped one, that was nerve racking, it’s the darker smaller one in the middle. The other two that hatched after the first one are definitely weaker, I hope they make it through the night lol.
There Beautiful. Great Job MaMa. Hard boiled egg yolk is a good supplement to there feed for there first few day's once they start eating. Nutritional yeast also will get there strength up.

The lady I got my eggs from is selling more Sebastopol fertile eggs in Sacramento on Craigslist $30 an egg and I’m sure she’ll ship for an additional fee. She gave me 3 and all 3 alive day 28. She had a really nice set up. She had the biggest ostriches too I’ve ever seen she sells fertile ostrich eggs too. Her sebbies were pretty too she had greys mixed in so I don’t expect them all to be super pure white.
Oh my gosh, I got a gosling from her a couple days ago and she's collecting eggs for me this week! I'm SO excited about trying to hatch some eggs now since you were successful 🎉

Oh my gosh, I got a gosling from her a couple days ago and she's collecting eggs for me this week! I'm SO excited about trying to hatch some eggs now since you were successful 🎉
Nice!! Small world … Her eggs started hatching day 29. I manually hatched 2 of them because they were internally pipped for about 16 hours and one was already out so I created a safety hole being impaitent and scared I’d lose them, I think I shrink wrappped the membranes doing so even though my holes were tiny but I didn’t give up on them and slowly peeled the shell off the air pocket area and manipulated the veins to pull above the feet/heads made sure not to hit any big arteries. It was nerve racking but it worked out! Handel them a lot and they’ll be super protective of you whenever a person or animal runs up to me they get really loud and start chattering at whatever is coming towards me and they’re super jealous of my goats haha I love them and seeing them play in the pool haha photos of them today they just started getting a little more Curley but hers are smooth breasted so I think I got one without curls at all but that can change!

Attachments

• IMG_6892.jpeg
    IMG_6892.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6889.jpeg
    IMG_6889.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6886.jpeg
    IMG_6886.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom