Sebright/Silkie cross...?

Quote: Well I know that my birds were Silkies, if that's what you're saying. Maybe it was a feedstore strain... I dunno.
idunno.gif

Not a bad looking bird.

Too bad she's useful only for hatching and rearing.

Bad egg layer, small eggs, and not a purebred.

Might be just me, but I'd never bred non-pure unless I was going for an olive egger.

Wow! What a tactless critique!

I think she is just striking in appearance :)

Wow! What a tactless critique! I agree, I hope Urucuba *meant* it nicer than it came out.
She's a prettypretty bird and green blue/eggs too --- yaaay!
I am quite fond of non-silkie Fm birds.

Wow! What a tactless critique!

I think she is just striking in appearance :)

Wow! What a tactless critique! I agree, I hope Urucuba *meant* it nicer than it came out.
She's a prettypretty bird and green blue/eggs too --- yaaay!
I am quite fond of non-silkie Fm birds.

Yeah guys, you took that harshly.
She looks good. Traits of egg laying from Silkies and Sebright-silkie-cross are that they are traditionally poor layers. Then, a cross between a Sebright and a Silkie will not be able to fetch as much money for the offspring as you would a purebred. I was just adding it together.

The fact that she lays almost everyday is great, as Sebrights and Silkies normally don't.

My remark wasn't meant to hurt feelings. I was just adding facts up. I think she is a striking bird.

Probably crossing the Silkie in there will make a more friendly Sebright, as many seem to think that they are more jumping and flighty than other breeds. I tend to agree.

I have both Silkies and Sebrights on my property, and love them both. Unfortunately, the Sebrights are most jumpy. Only my Chukars are more jumpy. Even my Guinea Fowl are friendlier. I hope it is just the strain, and I am looking for more friendlier Sebrights so that IF it is the strain, I don't have to sell ones that will be flighty and jumpy birds and have flighty and jumpy offspring. Wow, that was a long sentence, and even longer post.

Back
Top Bottom