sebright thread

I put an ad on a local FB poultry group and has someone respond with roosters only. I must say the colors do not look as vivid as some of the birds I see here. For example the last picture posted by Sue T. Her birds have vivid color and defination. The rooster someone showed me looks kind of dull. Let me show you

Screenshot_2019-07-14-12-00-47.png
so this bird is offered for sale, his color appears a but dull. Could this be that he is not a pure bred sebright?

Now buying a rooster seperate would insure I don't get related birds but shouldn't I look for one who has perfect color?

Can someone explain why this one appears dull?

Maybe its me lol

Well.....I DID IT !!

I was looking at a list of hatcheries here on BYC. I opened every link to every hatchery and searched for Golden Sebrights.

The ones that didnt have them I closed and the ones that did have them i shopped until check out and ALL had minimim orders of 20 birds and in some cases more.

I found 1 lone hatchery that didn't have a minimum bird order but did have a minimum $ per order.
Screenshot_2019-07-14-14-04-41.png

I wanted to go with 5 straight run Sebrights hoping I would get both a girl and boy. The order was rejected as it didnt come to $30.

I raised the # of birds to 8 and it went through.

So I pressed the button on 8 straight run Gold Sebrights. They are shipping in a few days from Texas from Ideal poultry.

I have a new coop with 20 new chicks in it and a brand new run 50x25. When I say brand new run I mean the birds have not been in it yet as I am installing bird netting over it to protect from hawks.

So what I am planning to do is build a little section of my coop to keep the Sebrights seperate. And section off an area of my run so its private for Sebrights only.

So this is happening. My wife will be excited to see the brooder box brought back in.

Next I will be begging you guys to sex them!

so this bird is offered for sale, his color appears a but dull. Could this be that he is not a pure bred sebright?
It's just not a quality photo. The rooster's face is not in focus, but he's very handsome. If you have a good camera and use it properly, and you have an editing app, you can make your photos look vibrant.
2.png example2.jpg

Well.....I DID IT !!

I was looking at a list of hatcheries here on BYC. I opened every link to every hatchery and searched for Golden Sebrights.

The ones that didnt have them I closed and the ones that did have them i shopped until check out and ALL had minimim orders of 20 birds and in some cases more.

I found 1 lone hatchery that didn't have a minimum bird order but did have a minimum $ per order.
View attachment 1844926

I wanted to go with 5 straight run Sebrights hoping I would get both a girl and boy. The order was rejected as it didnt come to $30.

I raised the # of birds to 8 and it went through.

So I pressed the button on 8 straight run Gold Sebrights. They are shipping in a few days from Texas from Ideal poultry.

I have a new coop with 20 new chicks in it and a brand new run 50x25. When I say brand new run I mean the birds have not been in it yet as I am installing bird netting over it to protect from hawks.

So what I am planning to do is build a little section of my coop to keep the Sebrights seperate. And section off an area of my run so its private for Sebrights only.

So this is happening. My wife will be excited to see the brooder box brought back in.

Next I will be begging you guys to sex them!
You should get them pretty fast coming from TX. Be sure to update us!

Well this morning I cancled my order for gold sebrights after finding some 30 miles away. I went to look at a breeding pair and came home with 3. 1 boy 2 girls. A few weeks from laying eggs. Very vivid color very happy. I put them in the coop and seperated them from all the chicks in their own little cage. I am worried this little rooster will harass the littler chicks. Anyhow im a sebright owner

Tomorrow will take some better pictures. The guineas and chicks are staring hard at them lol

And on a funny note the little rooster let out a crow. The first crow ever in our new coop.

20190715_184829.jpg
20190715_183852.jpg
20190715_183847.jpg
20190715_184201.jpg

Well this morning I cancled my order for gold sebrights after finding some 30 miles away. I went to look at a breeding pair and came home with 3. 1 boy 2 girls. A few weeks from laying eggs. Very vivid color very happy. I put them in the coop and seperated them from all the chicks in their own little cage. I am worried this little rooster will harass the littler chicks. Anyhow im a sebright owner

Tomorrow will take some better pictures. The guineas and chicks are staring hard at them lol

And on a funny note the little rooster let out a crow. The first crow ever in our new coop.

View attachment 1846245 View attachment 1846248 View attachment 1846249 View attachment 1846251
Oh they're lovely!!!!!!! Congrats! A ready-made Sebright flock!
May you be blessed with many offspring!

Thank you. The family that sold them to me showed me some of their breeding pairs i was very impressed. They got them from a guy in florida who is supposed to be a breeder of some guy in florida who is well known for good sebright stock. The pictures were nice so I drove 27 miles through the hills of tennessee. He had all sorts of birds but really pretty sebrights. Silver ones to

Back
Top Bottom