**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Contrastphoto, I Googled gold laced Brahma and that picture came up. I tried to attribute where it came from (Dan Powell's birds is what came up as ID for the photo) but it didn't have any other names associated with it. No one is using the picture to sell eggs as far as I know. I apologize if using the pictures offended you.
Oh no, I don't mind, I was just surprised to see it.
ep.gif
It is all good. I loved the Gold Laced Brahma's but they had vulture hocks?! (Not really sure what they are, but everyone said to cull my stock.) I re-homed them to the farmer down the road.

ep.gif
It is all good. I loved the Gold Laced Brahma's but they had vulture hocks?! (Not really sure what they are, but everyone said to cull my stock.) I re-homed them to the farmer down the road.
My friend's BCM chicks started developing vulture hocks. First time I ever heard of it. Same thing, she was told to cull, but the chick died on its own one day, unexplained.

I found this thread on it if you want more info.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/106976/vulture-hocks

Beautiful birds, BTW. I just bought some hatching eggs for GL Brahmas and SWH, so I hope they hatch.
fl.gif

Mahonri, The only "live embryos" she's probably wanting to see, at this point, are those of grandbabies!
wink.png

......but I'm glad to hear you are taking the Egg Bomb in stride and joining us!
clap.gif

Last edited:
ep.gif
OK that is good to know I really was worried that you might be mad.
hide.gif
Yeah I have heard about the issue of "vulture hocks" on Brahmas as well. I am not really sure what they are either but I am not trying to raise show birds, just a pretty barnyard flock so I am good with it. I wouldn't know if they have the problem or not.
wink.png

Like I said, "You should have seen my wife roll her eyes when she saw "live embryos" in the mail!!!"
frow.gif
Hi Mahonri! How is Phoenix treating you? Miss the AZ sunrises and sunsets to this day.
My certification card arrived today! I'm officially NPIP certified!
wee.gif
It's well worth the month wait.
Congratulations!!!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom