**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Are there thread rules and prize catagories....I am a little competitive.
hide.gif

Set yesterday:
13 pekin (mine)

Set today:
5 Toulouse (4 shipped, 1 mine)
12 Indian Runner (mine)
3 OEGB (mine)
6 Cochin bantam mix (mine)

I may still have a little room in 1 bator for more
hide.gif
The rest are stuffed full, but most of 1 is in lockdown so should be free to set more this weekend.

Hatched my 1st runner baby of the year today, a little chocolate.
love.gif
Keeper! My chocolate hen is getting old, so hopefully it's a hen to replace it's momma. I currently have chicks, poults, runners & pekins hatching, hatched 1 quail, 1 duck, & 9 chicks (plus 2 quail & a chick that didn't make it) in the last 4 days (I stagger my hatches REALLY bad) & have more scheduled every few days for the next 4 weeks. At least the grow out pen got finished yesterday (all but the run) so I could pitch a bunch of 5-9 week olds out into it & move the 3 week olds down to the "big kid" brooder with the 8 ducklings (1 week old) that came from Rural King because I was depressed that nothing hatched for Easter. Now hopefully the weather cooperates & we get the run finished tomorrow & the scovy pen started.

th

Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 4-8-2013

I have joined this crazy Hatch a Long but my Straight Jacket was not ready in time, so I set the eggs early…..

Chiques chicks will set a day or so later….HEChicken set eggs first thing in the morning…..SallySunshine set hers Saturday night and thinks Senile Fathers believe that the color changes the flavor of Ducks….JD4570 will be setting BR eggs later but still plans on setting chickens regardless…Jessshan8 set 8 BR eggs today…Cayuse Ranch will start late too…ThaiDye set Chicken eggs on Turkey set day…Wolftracks set!! ChooksChick set 14 or 15 dozen! Chicken pickin will set 11 BR Turkey eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Wax Myrtle set at 9 and temps were back up quickly….SilkieSensation sets eggs on their side—helps monitor stinky ones…mrshaggie810 will set Duck Eggs tonight! Debs_flock posted pictures of the eggs she set! Hurley set 7 Black Spanish and 1 with CT on it? Tazcat70 set turkey eggs and chicken eggs with Tutor chicken eggs being set next week. Coldupnorth set call duck eggs! Thebirdguy set anaconda, turkeys and guineas! NotAFarm set eggs too! karimw will set hers when Arielle’s package is delivered.
celebrate.gif

SCG does not use the foam in her Brinsea cradle—I can tell from the picture—One can only think that she wore out the foam from all that candling…..

ThaiDye asked about staggered hatching and if any one knew anything about doing that. Well I will have five hatches before this hatch a long is over and will probably set at least three during it……I am happy someone already answered this one….

Gryeyes posted a picture of the pond ladder she uses. It helps critters of all kinds get out of the water safely. She set 6 Turkey eggs. Are Turkeys critters?

Cmfarm joined from Elgin, TX. Mike hooked up mstricer with Turkey eggs! Nice folks too!
highfive.gif

Arielle is not setting eggs—she is roasting a Turkey! And sometimes the smoke in the oven. Maybe she should cook them in a smoker if they are going to smoke in the oven…..
th

JulieNKC posted a video of African Goslings trying to adopt a duckling: Post 818
love.gif

Yinepu posted that her husband was back from Deployment injured. It is a happy and stressful time so she will be AWOL. Blessings!
celebrate.gif

Razadia set 3 duck eggs and has an evil duck. Razadia is a bit tied but doing great(Sally wanted to know..)

I joined the Hatch a long! SCG egg bombs people! Wolftracks pointed out that the witch from Hanzel and Gretle was misunderstood….
lau.gif

Turkey meat discussion alert! I hope I get to try one this year. Two are incubating….SCG is talking about candling again… We were treated to poetry in the late Afternoon\evening….Now that the setting is mostly none now comes the waiting.....

th

PS I might have egg bombed someone today via USPS. Turkens, UNITE.

Wisher - Did I hear you saying you wanted ducks? Cause I have duck eggs... out the wazoo. This past weekend I egg bombed all my neighbors with chicken, duck and turkey eggs. I left the guy at the end of the road some eggs (he mistakenly left his house unlocked) and he actually walked here to ask what the heck they were...

In about a month when we're all done, we'll say, "CdM hatchers, UNTIE!"
Question ~ What turkey is best white meat turkey?

I have a friend who said she can get burbon reds but isn't positive of meat colors and they want white meat. I have scored inet and not sure where to look for what kind of breeds to tell her!
The breast and wings are the white meat, the rest is dark, so really, she'd be looking for broad-breasted breeds so there'd be more of the breast.

Are there thread rules and prize catagories....I am a little competitive.
hide.gif

This is strictly anarchy around here, but there are a few contests, to which I'll link on the front page soon...right now I'm speculating on the merits of skinning my two young cats because they are yowling at the top of their lungs because they are in HEEEEEEEEEAAAAATTTTTTT and they want a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN...and we keep tripping over them because they run in front of us and then hit the deck and assume the position...it's really plenty enough to make me bonkers.

I"m heading out to the farm...I'll update stuff later!

I set 9 eggs on Tuesday because I have eggs that will be hatching thursday and my cabinet isn't really designed to hatch in so I have to turn off the turner or else I might have mashed chicks if they hang out on the edges....I so want a hatcher I have plenty of eggs waiting for Friday 3 dozen so far I've been getting more eggs everyday all my pens are starting to produce. It is so windy today I'm on the lookout for flying horses 50MPH Kim you could have kept the wind at your house it's dry enough here just dusty dirt and bent over trees...blahhh

Wolftracks, If you pay S/H I'll send pekin eggs when I collect enough (starting at zero).
I can do that. I have eggs from Lotsapaints and my own chickens and quail.

Today the wind has trashed my yard. My Marans pen wasn't finished, but enough to hold the birds. It's now on top of 2 sets of cages. One holding rabbits and one holding a pair and trio of birds. Can't even move it to check my animals. The wind is to strong to pull things down, so I have to wait till wednesday to assess my damage and see if anything can be salvaged. My mini hoop coops??? So far so good, but anything can happen with this wind.

See you got marans, if they are shipped, do you know the watermelon trick? THough I am starting to wonder if the heavily painted eggs would benifit from a little filing , too.
what trick? The only one I have seen is Gallaghers...
Quote: I can only imagine what you must be like with zuccinnis!

SCG :hugs

Thanks Ron for the CdM Daily News! You rock!!!

Renee, your poor cats! Poor you! *snicker, snort* I'm sorry....BWAHAAAAHAAAAHAAA!

I keep tripping over dogs, and as clumsy as I am, I don't need the help to fall on my.......ummm face. That's it, face. :D

Back
Top Bottom