**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Quote: Precisely why I hate it when folks know where my birds are. We had someone steal an entire flock of goats locally a few years back- like 50! They had been raised organically and on certified grazing pastures...it was devastating to the owners. I'm just not able to think of a punishment bad enough for that kind of thief. They should get their nether-regions flayed and vinegared.

I haven't lost any poults yet except that one that had a total of 5 toes between both feet and the sideways knees. I'm very happy with the way everyone is growing out. I have a zillion chicks, though, as tutors. What the heck was I thinking??? I'm going to have to do an audit of them and post some sales...

it was 95 F here yesterday and I put the poult brooder outside on the screened in porch for a first taste of the outdoors. They didn't seemed too thrilled with the idea but settled in after a while.

it was 95 F here yesterday and I put the poult brooder outside on the screened in porch for a first taste of the outdoors. They didn't seemed too thrilled with the idea but settled in after a while.

Awwwwwwwwwww, poults are adorable.
A couple of my recent babies.

I'm planning to grow out a group of the blacks!

Great shots of the poults!

I did a bunch of scrambled eggs for my brooders today and everyone loved it. It was the poults first egg experience. They caught on pretty quick once the tutors started freaking out over it.

I'm still shocked how my young gamebirds are acting. They got egg too today, they're a week younger than the poults and tutors. They caught on instantly. And they're still hard little buggers to catch. Hoping soon I can consolidate them with the poults/tutors. They're active beyond anything I've raised normally... I tried to take a nap this afternoon when I came home totally exhausted and I couldn't sleep for all the PEEEEEEEEP PEEP PEEP PEEEEPing going on down the hall in the living room.

Ear plugs tonight are going to be in order, I believe.

Great shots of the poults!

I did a bunch of scrambled eggs for my brooders today and everyone loved it. It was the poults first egg experience. They caught on pretty quick once the tutors started freaking out over it.

I'm still shocked how my young gamebirds are acting. They got egg too today, they're a week younger than the poults and tutors. They caught on instantly. And they're still hard little buggers to catch. Hoping soon I can consolidate them with the poults/tutors. They're active beyond anything I've raised normally... I tried to take a nap this afternoon when I came home totally exhausted and I couldn't sleep for all the PEEEEEEEEP PEEP PEEP PEEEEPing going on down the hall in the living room.

When the peeping (chicks), whuting (poults), whistling (ducklings) around here gets really loud, it means someone has jumped out of their bin and is running around the carpet. This happens MULTIPLE times per day. It's time for these guys to move outside.

I'm planning to grow out a group of the blacks!
I wish I hadn't just seen that picture of the blacks.
love.gif
I've just realized I need some of those....

That's what is so great about the EcoGlow - without light for their heat source, they respect the day/night cycle and SLEEP at night.

sad.png
I lost my little EE chick yesterday. I left it in the brooder with the other chicks and they squished it. It stuck around for another hour after that before it passed. I did what I could for it and made it comfortable.

The quail look so silly. They're starting to get their feathers in. Here's a pic I got of one of them tonight.

sad.png
I lost my little EE chick yesterday. I left it in the brooder with the other chicks and they squished it. It stuck around for another hour after that before it passed. I did what I could for it and made it comfortable.

The quail look so silly. They're starting to get their feathers in. Here's a pic I got of one of them tonight.

That looks like a cinnamon. More red in the belly than the pharoahs. If it had a cream belly (pahroah) I could tell you if it was a boy or girl by now. The girls will have speckled chests & the boys will be all cream. The other colors are harder to sex until they get about 5-6 weeks old.

Precisely why I hate it when folks know where my birds are. We had someone steal an entire flock of goats locally a few years back- like 50! They had been raised organically and on certified grazing pastures...it was devastating to the owners. I'm just not able to think of a punishment bad enough for that kind of thief. They should get their nether-regions flayed and vinegared.

I haven't lost any poults yet except that one that had a total of 5 toes between both feet and the sideways knees. I'm very happy with the way everyone is growing out. I have a zillion chicks, though, as tutors. What the heck was I thinking??? I'm going to have to do an audit of them and post some sales...
I didn't realize people stole chickens/goats/etc. Wouldn't have thought there was much market in selling them. I guess the goats or larger/more expensive livestock... but chickens?

I hope the only thing I will have to protect my mutt chickens from will be raccoons or loose dogs that happen to get into the yard.

Back
Top Bottom