Second order from McMurray, DEAD

Just an FYI. I too have had two orders from MM come in dead. I believe they would have been alive if it didn't take 5 days to get here. I spoke to MM and they said they are having a terrible time getting timely deliveries to KY, SC and LA. They don't know what the problem is all of a sudden. They were very nice and sympathetic and are apparently working on this. However, I asked if I could get express shipping and the answer was No.

I ordered from them in November and the chicks arrived in 2 days. No losses.

I have cancelled this order and placed a new one with Ideal. 2 weeks ago I ordered geese and they arrived in 2 days. I placed another order for their weekly special geese that were supposed to be shipped today, however they called monday to ask if it would be ok to ship them early. Well, of course! I appreciated the call.

I don't think these problems are MM fault, but they could offer express to those who are willing to pay for it.

In response to a previous comment. The dead of winter here in KY is pretty darned mild. I will order from MM again, but I'll wait until its warmer and they go back to trucking their birds from Des Moines instead of from Minneapolis.

Just an FYI.  I too have had two orders from MM come in dead.  I believe they would have been alive if it didn't take 5 days to get here.  I spoke to MM and they said they are having a terrible time getting timely deliveries to KY, SC and LA.  They don't know what the problem is all of a sudden.  They were very nice and sympathetic and are apparently working on this.  However, I asked if I could get express shipping and the answer was No.

I ordered from them in November and the chicks arrived in 2 days.  No losses.

I have cancelled this order and placed a new one with Ideal.  2 weeks ago I ordered geese and they arrived in 2 days.  I placed another order for their weekly special geese that were supposed to be shipped today, however they called monday to ask if it would be ok to ship them early.  Well, of course!  I appreciated the call.

I don't think these problems are MM fault, but they could offer express to those who are willing to pay for it

In response to a previous comment.  The dead of winter here in KY is pretty darned mild.  I will order from MM again, but I'll wait until its warmer and they go back to trucking their birds from Des Moines instead of from Minneapolis.

I thought I read that the PO has done away with this service.

I order from Ideal because it is only 2 hours away from me. I always get my chicks the morning after they ship, and my post office calls me (before they even open) to come pick them up. I think it's best to get them as locally as possible to avoid problems.

The PO has changed A LOT of its rules about shipping and I dont think they allow chicks to be sent express... which I think is just stupid. They should ONLY be allowed to be overnighted/express... that would make sence right?? Also keep in mind that the gove has done major cut backs so they have had to save money in other ways... including staffing and training. So it doesn't surprise me that there are more problems now

. As a former eBay power seller I can tell you that the PO system has been in serious decline over the past ten years. I used to have around 1-5 items reported a YEAR as having not been received but never more than that. I use tracking numbers and signatures (depending on value) so I can tell when things arrive. But in the last few years I was getting item not received or items lost in transit and taking insane amounts of time to arrive emails almost weekly. And I got negative feedback like it was my fault. I posted all over the listings to check the date/time stamp on the package before leaving negative feedback. I was living in western Washington (Tacoma area.. that's by Seattle) and I had a package take 3 weeks to get to Portland Or.... that's a TWO HOUR DRIVE. Talk about snail mail.

caf.gif
Did your babies ever get there?

My first order from McMurray arrived late and DEAD, well one out of 26 survived. They send a replacement order. They were due yesterday, still not here today.

I ordered from MM, the 1st available for the year 1-3 February. I’m new to chicks and read some horrifying stories about MM. The chicks were hatched Saturday the 28th of January; I received a call the morning of the 29th from the Tucson Post Office. They told me the chicks would arrive the next day, but the office was open 24 hours if I wanted to pick them up sooner. My wife drove the 1 ½ hour drive and they were in the brooder that night. I ordered 26 chicks, I received 28 chicks!! It has been a little more than two weeks and I haven’t lost any chicks. I’m new to chickens, I ordered in the winter, and have no clue on how to raise these little guys…but thanks to a worker at the Tucson Post Office, this could have been a disaster. Wishing all of you the best with your orders.

Just an FYI. I too have had two orders from MM come in dead. I believe they would have been alive if it didn't take 5 days to get here. I spoke to MM and they said they are having a terrible time getting timely deliveries to KY, SC and LA. They don't know what the problem is all of a sudden. They were very nice and sympathetic and are apparently working on this. However, I asked if I could get express shipping and the answer was No.

I ordered from them in November and the chicks arrived in 2 days. No losses.

I have cancelled this order and placed a new one with Ideal. 2 weeks ago I ordered geese and they arrived in 2 days. I placed another order for their weekly special geese that were supposed to be shipped today, however they called monday to ask if it would be ok to ship them early. Well, of course! I appreciated the call.

I don't think these problems are MM fault, but they could offer express to those who are willing to pay for it.

In response to a previous comment. The dead of winter here in KY is pretty darned mild. I will order from MM again, but I'll wait until its warmer and they go back to trucking their birds from Des Moines instead of from Minneapolis.

Lexingtons forecast for Sunday is for a high of 41 and a low of 21. Thats hardly mild. Certainly cold enough that if chicks are left in the cold for any length of time they could easily perish. Newly hatched chicks need to be brooded in temps in the 90's. Its not to say that chicks ordered during the winter will always die, they wont. Many do make it. But there will be stories like these where they got chilled and died, which likely wouldnt happen if they were ordered in April instead of February.

Lexingtons forecast for Sunday is for a high of 41 and a low of 21. Thats hardly mild. Certainly cold enough that if chicks are left in the cold for any length of time they could easily perish. Newly hatched chicks need to be brooded in temps in the 90's. Its not to say that chicks ordered during the winter will always die, they wont. Many do make it. But there will be stories like these where they got chilled and died, which likely wouldn't happen if they were ordered in April instead of February.

just a question in my humble opinion ok... why are you going around pecking at EVERYONE who has new chicks? Seriously.. YOU might not approve of other peoples choices but they ARE other peoples... not yours. I'm sorry.. but we ALL get it.. you don't approve. ok? I'm trying to put this nicely as I can.. we get it ok?

Back
Top Bottom