That's not enough ventilation. There should be at least two air holes. My incubator has 5.
Technically there are two because of the hole for the light, which is not sealed. But I will add another just to be on the safe side. I have read that there should be little to no ventilation the first week though.

Technically there are two because of the hole for the light, which is not sealed. But I will add another just to be on the safe side. I have read that there should be little to no ventilation the first week though.
Where did you read that? There should be ventilation all along and then a lot at hatch time. I keep my vent open the whole time. If you can't keep it stable with the vents open, it's best to learn now than scrambling at hatch time when they need to be open. I'm guessing they're suffocating.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I just got my eggs in today and am letting them get room temp and rest before putting them in the incubator. I’ve added a couple of vents and have it almost stable again.

Back
Top Bottom