see a roo or no?

Greene55

Chirping
Apr 26, 2018
do u see a roo in my 4 4week old hatchlings ???
20190102_151201.jpg
20190102_151120.jpg

I agree, the 3 buff chicks are cockerels. Any with red wattles at that age will be male.
I would also be a little concerned about them standing like that with their eyes closed. It might just be coincidence that two of them have them shut like that when the photo was taken but it could be a sign that they are not well, so I would check their droppings for any blood or mucous and watch them for signs of lethargy as they are a prime age to get coccidiosis.

Agree with above, one definite buff cockerel, 2 probable. One possible white pullet, that can change this early too. Give it some more time. Generally, chickens are easier to sex at 8 weeks or so. I know its a difficult wait, but time will tell for sure.

I agree, the 3 buff chicks are cockerels. Any with red wattles at that age will be male.
I would also be a little concerned about them standing like that with their eyes closed. It might just be coincidence that two of them have them shut like that when the photo was taken but it could be a sign that they are not well, so I would check their droppings for any blood or mucous and watch them for signs of lethargy as they are a prime age to get coccidiosis.
ok so they were drinking water with head tilted up in the pictures they usually close eyes I see when drinking water but perhaps they are not well

Back
Top Bottom