See if You Agree With Me....

Thank's @drumstickdiva :hugs.

The little one is small, but not Serama small so I'm hoping that she is just a 'little' OEGB. She was a pasty butt baby when I got her but cleaned up and resolved with TLC, good food, a warm brooder and a few days of Rooster Booster pro biotics and vitamins.

They look like OEGBs. Don't know the color though. Another thing you could do, would be to go back to Orshcelns, and look under or around where the chicks are. Usually there are boxes the chicks shipped in, and they have labels that have the hatchery name on them. Because they could have changed which hatchery they get the chicks from....who knows.

From what I've read, I think they get their chicks from Estes. TS gets theirs from Hoover. There aren't any boxes around the chick area. Our local Orscheln's is very tidy...except during peanut days when there are shells everywhere, LOL.

I knew I had OEGB chicks from hatching my own. And I suspected that I have three cockerels and two pullets.

I was suspecting that the three cockerels might be silver duck wing as their coloring isn't as distinct as the two little pullets and has a definite silverish tint to the down. I know being hatchery chicks that colors may not run true but those two little girls are definitely BBRs.

Anxious to see if I'm right.

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but were you right? I have 5 3 week old chicks that I believe are BBR OEGB's and I'm very curious as to the outcome?

Back
Top Bottom