See no touch

Mandied

Songster
Jul 24, 2022
Vincennes, Indiana
We are working on getting our new chicks in the coop. How long do you have to do the see no touch before putting them together? We have a little dog crate in the coop for the new girls during the day so the older ones can move in and out freely. and we are planning on putting hardwire cloth to separate them at night.

We are working on getting our new chicks in the coop. How long do you have to do the see no touch before putting them together? We have a little dog crate in the coop for the new girls during the day so the older ones can move in and out freely. and we are planning on putting hardwire cloth to separate them at night.
I will be doing this next spring. I think its 2 weeks and then slowly introducing them with supervision for another week or two.

There's no exact set time frame. As a general rule 1-2 weeks is probably enough, but depending on your flock you may need more (or less) time than that.

I go by adult's behavior - ideally I want them to lose interest in the chicks and go back to acting normally before I let the chicks out for the first time.

There's no exact set time frame. As a general rule 1-2 weeks is probably enough, but depending on your flock you may need more (or less) time than that.

I go by adult's behavior - ideally I want them to lose interest in the chicks and go back to acting normally before I let the chicks out for the first time.
Okay, when we have the new girls in the crate inside the coop our d'uccle looks like she doesn't care much it our two oegbs that are alittle more interested. One more so than the other.

Back
Top Bottom