(Seed Storage) Field Boxes on sale at Menards for only $1.99 after rebate

gtaus

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Mar 29, 2019
Northern Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
In case anyone is interested in buying one of those watertight ammo/field boxes for seed storage, Menards has them on sale this week for only $1.99 after $5.00 rebate...

1701364818582.png

I bought one of those ammo boxes at Harbor Freight this fall, on sale, for $3.99. I thought that was a good price at the time. This Menards field box is obviously better if you don't mind playing the rebate game. Basically the same design as the HF ammo boxes. including the stackable feature of the boxes.

They work great for storing seeds on a budget. Check out this short video...

Thank you. Hubby does the rebate thing as he is in Menards probably once a week. I'll have him get us a couple. We are set for feed, but I've got a couple other ideas for using them this winter. ☺️

We are set for feed, but I've got a couple other ideas for using them this winter. ☺️

Well, you can't store much feed in them. But there are lots of other uses for those ammo/field watertight boxes. I'd love it if you shared what you plan on using the ammo/field boxes for. Thanks.

As to storing feed, I use 5-gallon buckets which hold a little over 25# of feed, each. That makes it much easier for me to move around the garage compared to a 50# sack of feed. Also, the 5-gallon buckets are waterproof and mice proof.

Hubby does the rebate thing as he is in Menards probably once a week.

I have saved 100's and 100's of dollars by taking advantage of those Menards rebates over the years. But I understand that many people don't bother with rebates. I go into town about once a week and Menards is always one of my routine stops.

Well, you can't store much feed in them. But there are lots of other uses for those ammo/field watertight boxes. I'd love it if you shared what you plan on using the ammo/field boxes for. Thanks.

As to storing feed, I use 5-gallon buckets which hold a little over 25# of feed, each. That makes it much easier for me to move around the garage compared to a 50# sack of feed. Also, the 5-gallon buckets are waterproof and mice proof.
Years ago I bought the Iris brand airtight bins with wheels that hold 50# so a whole bag goes into one, and I have three...one for their crumbles, one for the the grain mix I ferment which is actually Kalmbach's Henhouse Reserve I won't feed them as they waste it, and the third has various other stuff in it I don't want mice getting to. This is in a garden shed attached to the coop.

These ammo bins I thought would work nice to keep the crumbles in up by the secondary coop I'll be using in February for breeding so I don't have to haul their feeder back and forth. Another for the house for me to put all my chicken supplies like vitamins, etc. in.

These ammo bins I thought would work nice to keep the crumbles in up by the secondary coop I'll be using in February for breeding so I don't have to haul their feeder back and forth. Another for the house for me to put all my chicken supplies like vitamins, etc. in.

Lots of good uses for a nice watertight container, especially at that price.

Wow those are cheap! I have very similar looking "Art boxes" (same type of latching box, just not fully opaque) that I bought for art supplies but didn't quite fit what I needed, but they're about the width of 2 columns of seeds so I just put my seeds in those. But they cost quite a lot more.

Wow those are cheap! I have very similar looking "Art boxes" (same type of latching box, just not fully opaque) that I bought for art supplies but didn't quite fit what I needed, but they're about the width of 2 columns of seeds so I just put my seeds in those. But they cost quite a lot more.

These small ammo/field boxes are the width of a pack of seeds. And, right now after rebate, they are at the lowest price I have seen. At that price, I would have bought a few more for the garage as well, but the rebate is limited to two items. I'm sure they will sell out where I live in no time. I think the sale is limited to stock on hand, so if you are interested in getting any of these field boxes, I would suggest going sooner rather than later.

These small ammo/field boxes are the width of a pack of seeds. And, right now after rebate, they are at the lowest price I have seen. At that price, I would have bought a few more for the garage as well, but the rebate is limited to two items. I'm sure they will sell out where I live in no time. I think the sale is limited to stock on hand, so if you are interested in getting any of these field boxes, I would suggest going sooner rather than later.
Not that I need more seed storage lol but we don't have Menards over here either. Probably not such a great deal after paying shipping. :(

Not that I need more seed storage lol but we don't have Menards over here either. Probably not such a great deal after paying shipping. :(

Yeah, I don't think it would be much of a deal if you had to pay shipping to your house. But if you had a local Menards, it's a pretty good deal on those field boxes.

Back
Top Bottom