Hello from central Florida we are in zone 9b. We have a variety of heirlooms.
Broccoli
Pak Choi
Alfalfa
Rye grass
Sweet 100 cherry tom
Builtmore tom
Campari tom
Arugula heirloom
Chinese mustards
Florida native mustards
Purple radish
Blue kale
Blooms dale spinach
Rainbow Swiss chard
New Zealand spinach
Olympia spinach
Green pepper
Jalapeño
Watermelon
And more lots more just ask

We also have pulmeria and desert rose cuttings to swap if anyone is interested to trade for fruit trees cuttings or nut trees or bushes are wanted

What we are looking for:

Everglades tomato
Heirloom zucchini and squash varieties
Non gmo corn
Any high producing large tomato variety
Malabar spinach
Heat tolerant varieties !!☀️

Since we are new here we will gladly agree to send our seeds first ( within reason) to anyone who's willing to trade
Thanks from our family on floridas space coast! ☀️

Hey fellow Floridian! We'd be all over the Plumeria, but don't have trees to trade :(
Am interested in the Compari tomatoes!

Here's what we have:

Costoluto Fiorentino tomato (heat tolerant)
San Marzano tomato
Opalka tomato
Tennessee Green Pod Bush beans (heat tolerant)
Di Genova basil
Kung Pao hot pepper (hybrid)
Yellow Granex onion (seed)

Ornamental Coral Bean (careful around livestock, toxic, but pretty!)

Not to butt in on how ya'll are doing things but on a candle group I was on many moons ago we did a seed swap. The way we did it was one person kinda headed it up. She was the one everyone sent their packets too. I think there ended up being like 10-12 people participating. So you made up the 10-12 packs along with instructions and a self addressed and postage paid padded envelope. Then she separated everything and placed the envelopes in the mail. Worked out neat. I can honestly say that I never did use one seed from that swap not sure why. (I really need to try and find that envelope. Something in there might still be viable)

Currently, we are up in the air about whether to make raised bed gardens while tilling and prepping the actual area we want for a regular garden (doing prep work so we can sow directly into the ground next year), or if we till and mix in enough compost, mulch, fertilizer, it would be ready to go this year and just skip the raised beds.

NOTHING has been planted on our homestead AS FAR AS WE KNOW since at least 2001.... but more than likely not since a LONG time before that as well. I am thinking it might be best to do a few 4x8 raised bed gardens in a closer area, and then doing a good years worth of tilling and mulching the 1/2 - 1 acre we want to do our serious planting on. Any suggestions?

I have raised beds in my community garden. Since I don't need the soil level raised for drainage or to contain amendments, if I had it to do over again, I would just frame in the walking / kneeling paths instead. Remember, if you really do decide you'd like to use a cultivator, you can't. Of course, if you are handicapped a very tall raised bed is the way to go...

I have broom sorghum and mennonite sorghum. Chicken Crack. LOL.

I have limited supply of both.

My 2000 sq foot garden is now under our newest barn. Sigh. I tried to container garden last year. What a waste of time. I can't figure out what to do with the garden. I miss the fresh tomatoes, and the pickling cukes. I cannot figure out where to put a new garden! Sniff sniff.

I live in the city by necessity. If you have a choice of where to put a garden, I'm jealous! :)

HAVE TO SHARE: BLACKBERRY LILY SEEDS
i live in zone 6; barely. Cleveland Ohio. I bought Blackberry Lily (not edible!) seeds from Monticello in Virginia, and started them last year. They took OVER 2 MONTHS to germinate (I started them in peat pellets) but I got a good percentage of starts. The iris plants look like standard on-the-small-side bearded iris leaves, and there are multiple flowers orange/yellow with spots) on each stem, but be aware the flowers are only about one inch diameter. The PLANTS I bought at Monticello (in case the seeds didn't start) seeded like crazy. If anyone wants some seeds, send me a self-addressed stamped envelope. When you get the seeds, I would recommend putting them in a damp, not wet, paper towel and a plastic bag, and refrigerated them until spring; it might improve germination speed. Maybe keep half unrefrigerated and do a side-by-side? Seeds are free; share if they do well for you! If I run out of seeds I will keep your envelope, and if my plants survive our Polar Vortex winter weather and seed again next year, I'll send them on. Ellen Daniels, 12818 North Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44111.
P.S.: I have old Ohio Native milkweed seed that may or not be viable. If you'd like me to include some to try, tuck a note in the envelope.

I would love the milkweed to try!! I have eggs being shipped in someday this week and could mail out envelope when I go to post office to pick up or if I go out earlier this week. I don’t leave the house much lol..I’m Northwest Ohio I’d love to attract monarchs!

In the mail @ellend
Thank you so much!! In my haste I didn’t include a note or anything I felt so bad like really you didn’t even include a note of thanks?? Anyways, thank you!! And Cleveland you ever hear of Independence? I went to school there through high school.

In zone 5

Have..

‘Lots of Spirit Echinacea saved from my own plants.
Purple Echinacea
Feverfew
Marshmallow
Spearmint
53-year old pole bean (have no idea what they are my soil in Virginia gave Me)
Bush bean
Petunia Wave
Pretty much just ask because I have sooooooo much.

Looking for..

Different mints prefer actual plants but lmk what seed you have.
Horseradish root
Strawberry plants
Iris.l(I love ❤️ them)
DayLily
Red lilac cuttings
Berry bush cuttings
Nasturtiums

This is all I can think of at the moment.

In the fall I will have walking onion bulbetts and Sunchokes.

Back
Top Bottom