Seeing our precious grand-daughter for the first time in 6 months!!!

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
Today we get our 5 year old precious grand-daughter back after not being able to see her for six months!

one of the happiest day of my life!

hugs.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
That has got be a wonderful, nerve wracking feeling for you right now. When is she coming???

Yes, it's funny... for the whole six months everyone expected me to fall completely apart because she and I are very close, but I didn't until yesterday.

We did get to see her for an hour at our daughter's wedding, but there were a lot of people there and much to do, and she seemed a little stand-offiish with everyone!

Now all the feelings I somehow kept at bay all those months are roiling up.

I think she'll be here around 6 p.m. I just know I'm going to start sobbing the minute I pick her up.

I need to get going and get her a present (or 10)!

I am SOOOO happy for you. I am going to assume there is a very good reason you will have her and that she has been away from you for 6 months. We have a situation like that going with, get this, my fiances children's mother and her 18 month old. He is with us for 3 months, then she shows up. We have already decided that if she brings him back one more time, we are filing papers.

hugs.gif
Oh, I'm so happy for you! I'm so sorry that you have not been able to see her for so long. I know how attached my mom is to my kids and it would devastate her to go 6 months w/o seeing them. Have fun with her!!
yippiechickie.gif

I am SOOOO happy for you. I am going to assume there is a very good reason you will have her and that she has been away from you for 6 months

Thanks
smile.png

Not a good reason at all! Her father stole her and did not let her mother or any of the other side of her family see her. Now it's legal and he won't be able to do that again.

We stayed completely neutral and supportive of him the whole time (that lesson was learned the hard way a few years back).

We got her a cake that says 'welcome home'.​

thanks guys...

I can't even express how great it was to see her jump out of the car and run toward the porch! She jumped right into my arms.

She's grown so much!
hit.gif

Her mama came right behind her. I was holding her and we both leaned toward her at the same time. Mama said "gimme a kiss!" but grand-baby leaned toward me and said "I wanna kiss Grammu first!"
ep.gif

love.gif
Wow.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom