Seeking Medical advice

Chicken101-07

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
I recently got two new chickens from 2 different people:advice for people starting with chickens please do not do the same mistake as me I got hyped by looking at the chickens and bought them now I'm pretty sure I brought in a disease but I'm not sure what it is,please do not buy chickens or any type of animal by that matter from large breeders as they tend to care about more about money than the animal's health,find breeders who actually care about animal health,it is pretty easy for chickens as a lot of people keep chickens this days,now to describe the disease,it started with that 1 chicken I bought three days ago,it didn't seem sick but 2 days ago it just stayed in top as if roosting,started getting watery eyes and mucus around their mouth and nose,and her eyes are closed unless I disturb her,and barely eats,today i started worrying as I found out that now i got 2 young roosters also with the same symptoms and 2 adult Hens,please help and tell me what it is,I really care about my chickens or any animal that I take care of and really take my time to be sure they live as best as possible and try to give them as much as I can with the money I can get from work,I am desperate to stop it can they be saved?I got 16 chickens in the coop all different ages

While you are waiting for help, try browsing the disease and treatment section of the site here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/injuries-diseases-cures.29/

Maybe you can figure out what you are dealing with and how to treat it. I would isolate the obviously sick hen immediately in hopes of minimizing exposure for the others. A dog crate or even a cardboard box would work for this.

Come on why are this walking yesterday they couldn't even stand now they are walking why the fat one not even showing symptoms
20190822_162532.jpg
20190822_193714.jpg

Attachments

• 20190822_193714.jpg
    20190822_193714.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20190822_162532.jpg
    20190822_162532.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom