seizre

okiegirl47

Songster
7 Years
Jul 16, 2013
Please help! I have a chick about 8 weeks old or so that just had a seizure. She just fell down and started flopping around. She was completely limp and lethargic but is starting to come around and drank a little water but now is asleep and limp. Her right ear is red and swollen and bled a tiny bit. Any ideasz??

Do you think she was injured fro the seizure or that she was injured (pecked or hurt) before the seizure? I'm not sure about the cause, but seizures can occur in people from head injury or infections. Maybe others will chime in on this.

I think she hurt herself during the seizure. She has recovered considerably since I made the original post. I can't think of anything we have done differently, same food, same water, clean water daily. Her droppings are normal. The only thing that I have done is dust her with a small amount of diatomaceous earth the last 2 nights because I was worried she would get lice or mites from not getting her regular dirt baths. Could that cause any neurological problems ?

Back
Top Bottom