Self-Blue Cochin Bantams

Pics
Quote:
it would probably be cheaper (in the long run) and ALOT less time consuming to wait a year or 2 and just wait until Tom starts selling his birds and they are cirrculating and just buy a pair of those

Whats the fun in that?
tongue.png

Quote:
it would probably be cheaper (in the long run) and ALOT less time consuming to wait a year or 2 and just wait until Tom starts selling his birds and they are cirrculating and just buy a pair of those

Whats the fun in that?
tongue.png

I agree, that is the fun part watching them grow and develop in to beauties...Yes it might be cheaper, but I feed bill will always be high anyway, and to say the least it would be a great learning experience
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Coopa - that bird is breathtaking and made my morning! Lavender cuckoo/barred became my obsession a while back, after seeing a photo of a stuffed rooster (one where they use the feathers for fly tying) - I think it was posted here on BYC, but I'm not sure. In fact, I've got some project bantam cochin eggs cookin' in the bator right now that *could* produce some, or at the very least, splits. And I might have lavender barred EE's later this year - now, if I could only get the lavender gene into my cuckoo marans....
wink.png

The first 2011 f4 split x split eggs went in the incubator last night. Only three eggs in this batch from the first pullet that started laying, but I have 8 pullets in individual pens under lights and the remaining 7 should start laying over the next few days. I plan to hatch 200 - 250 of the f4's. Of those only 50 or so will be Self-Blue, which will be a good number to grow out. Maybe the stats will be in my favor and I'll see a higher percentage of Self-Blue's but I certainly won't be counting my chickens before they hatch.

Hi! I first want to thank mjgigax for telling me about this thread.
frow.gif
I am a brand new cochin owner, getting my first just last week. I have two lavender (self-blue) roosters. One of them is here to stay, the other headed to his new home in FL this week. I do hope one day to have as good of birds as cochinman,
ep.gif
they are just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your progress and such beautiful pictures.
droolin.gif

I just wish I could find a girlfriend or two for my little guy, not an easy task...
hu.gif

Here are a couple of photos of them:

49849_dsc04839.jpg

49849_dsc04898.jpg

I look forward to learning much from this thread.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom