Self Blue (Lavender) Silkie Thread

Ok I am learning how to do this as I go. Sorry to be testing on you guys...

39064_lav_hen_1.jpg

39064_lav_fluff_9.jpg

Of course SHE is very nice. She doesn't lay anymore but she is still the QUEEN here.

That group was early spring and they are my breeding birds at the present time. The color is mainly what I want y'all to see. It is very even. The rooster/cockerels do have darker hackles at times but they are still a work or maybe that is just how the lavender gene will play out in the males. The felmales are very even once they feather out.

Last edited:
Thanks!!!
big_smile.png
I am VERY proud of the lines we have developed here in Texas. I was lucky enough to know Deb and Donnie and be asked to help with this. They did the hard work I just had to hatch, hatch, hatch and hatch. I did start with mutts, nothing LOOKING lavender, and from that I got 12 lavender the first year. The next year I got 18 and then after that...it took off. I have been hatching non-stop for over a year to try and get as many out here to help. The quality and type is consistent now and we REALLY ARE PROUD.

They are the such beautiful birds when your really SEE THEM~

39064_101_0153.jpg

Here is my take on HIM...his wings could be better and he has a comb bigger than I like but he is a excellent cockerel to breed with and yes, I'll probably show him.
tongue.png

And YES it is about the color. VERY EVEN soft pastel lavender.

Last edited:
Oh please test some more . Thank you . Those are very beautiful birds and I can see a very big difference . This helps me a great deal . I really did not know the difference . I understand what you were saying about the blue now sonoran . Brens birds are with black . What a difference they look like little spun clouds of cotton candy -- hey just found the name of my silkie page ( Cotton Candy Silkies ) Tammy .B

Quote:
This will be a lot easier. Go visit my web page on Lavenders and click on the thumbnails of the chicks. You can see what mine look like and the fact there are two looks.

EVEN though all have a black base now I still get the two looks. Remember Deb and Donnie started with Deb's white silkies. These are the 2009 chicks and I never got to the ones from this year. I lost my web builder and need to update bad. For now I prefer the darker, non striped chicks but still keep both. The darker are the "lizards" with the retarded feathering. They catch up fast and you really never know the difference other than the DARK skin, beaks and combs. I can just look at the adults and know which is which. Time will tell us if we lean towards one or the other.

http://brensbirdsofparadise.com/2009 lavender chicks.htm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom