Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
It’s not a big deal, I am just too old and don’t have the time it would take to build up a line of showbirds again. And buying them is not the same to me.
But you are gonna continue keeping birds aren’t you? Just not necessarily bred to the SOP and for show?

I mean, you still need that chickie and duckie love❣️ Right? ❤️ 🐥🐥🦆🦆

It’s okay, go ahead and admit it. You’ll feel sooooo much better! It’s good to talk these things out! :hugs :lau

I too have always wondered how the hell birds do that!
They make it look so easy.
Yes I agree. You know how much power is in that dad gum beak! First of all, I don’t know how they don’t just snap the worm in two, but they don’t. And then the worm just slides out of the hole like it was greased. I’m in awe every time I see it. That’s just their gift I suppose. :lau And how quickly they can gobble anything down! Worm, screw, Diamond earring! :eek:

But you are gonna continue keeping birds aren’t you? Just not necessarily bred to the SOP and for show?

I mean, you still need that chickie and duckie love❣ Right? ❤ 🐥🐥🦆🦆

It’s okay, go ahead and admit it. You’ll feel sooooo much better! It’s good to talk these things out! :hugs :lau

3 weeks ago I would have said I am not going to keep any birds.

With the recent advent of the China Flu I am not so sure. I am most likely going to continue to try and live a subsistence lifestyle.

The WW is planning to retire soon, she wanted to be free of animals so we were not tied down. We were even looking at buying an “ice castle” for fishing and traveling.

We had planned to spend 3 months in Alaska during the summer of 2021. This has all changed.

Our investments have taken a terrible hit, we are not sure we can afford the “ice castle” anymore. Which is fine with me, I enjoy my home body lifestyle. But the WW wanted to travel and I would have done it for her. ( only cause I am such a sweet guy and traveling would give me the chance to squish dux everywhere).

Today I am going to start collecting eggs for incubating. The WW said I should hatch some chicks for us as the hens are old and don’t lay many eggs now.

Whatever happens, and the good Lord willing, we will get by.

3 weeks ago I would have said I am not going to keep any birds.

With the recent advent of the China Flu I am not so sure. I am most likely going to continue to try and live a subsistence lifestyle.

The WW is planning to retire soon, she wanted to be free of animals so we were not tied down. We were even looking at buying an “ice castle” for fishing and traveling.

We had planned to spend 3 months in Alaska during the summer of 2021. This has all changed.

Our investments have taken a terrible hit, we are not sure we can afford the “ice castle” anymore. Which is fine with me, I enjoy my home body lifestyle. But the WW wanted to travel and I would have done it for her. ( only cause I am such a sweet guy and traveling would give me the chance to squish dux everywhere).

Today I am going to start collecting eggs for incubating. The WW said I should hatch some chicks for us as the hens are old and don’t lay many eggs now.

Whatever happens, and the good Lord willing, we will get by.
I hear you and feel you on several points you make. I have definitely seen an uptick in the number of ‘ISO laying hens and meat birds’ on the North Alabama Poultry FB Page. People are scared and are grasping at straws. It’s for sure that I (and other chicken keepers) won’t run out of eggs and/or meat, for that matter.

For the second time in a little over a decade our retirement plans have taken a whallup. This time, however, I hope that things will bounce back without much damage. I could be wrong though. I have been many times.

Animals definitely tie a person down. Hopefully we won’t have to travel when my DH retires. He travels a lot now for work and I love just staying at home. I want that to continue.

And as far as, and I quote, “give me the chance to squish dux everywhere,” I know you really mean to squish their cuteness with your hugs! I’m Southern, but I’m no dummy! :gig

In all seriousness though, I hope all your investments return to normal after our economy bounces back from this virus.

Back
Top Bottom