Sellers selling ee's as Amercaunas

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/BRKAraucanas.html

I
had someone yesterday tell me that after alot of research they were going to get Araucanas and they were very excited. Her daughter is interested in joining our 4H group and showing birds.
So I said, that I just loved them with their little ear tufts and rumpless bums.
She said, what do you mean by rumpless?
I said, you know, they don't have tail feathers... so they are called rumpless.
She says, no these have tail feathers.
I say, oh you must mean Ameraucanas then?
She said... no they are called Araucana's and she is getting them from a feed store here locally.
I tell her I know the feedstore and they carry some really lovely Easter Eggers from Privett Hatchery and that they do sell them as Ameraucana's even though they are really Easter Eggers. Nothing wrong with Easter Eggers, I absolutely LOVE mine... but you should just know exactly what you are getting because if you want to show them you need to know the limitations as you can only show Easter Eggers in the Backyard Show.

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/BRKAraucanas.html

Quote:
well spoken...X2...LOL typed

x3!
smile.png

I have two EEs. I suspect one of them is a true ameraucana, tho. She shows all the markings and colorings of the red-brown ameraucana with slate legs. She lays 2.3 to 2.4 ounce beautiful robin's-blue eggs every morning, or at least 5 times a week (slowed down to 4-5 a week in winter, normally is 5-6 eggs a week).

I don't care what she is. In our house, she's just Lola. I count her as an EE, but I think she's probably a true ameraucana. Bertha, on the other hand, is an EE but is GORGEOUS. Too bad they don't have EEs as a breed in competition because some of the most beautiful, healthy, robust birds I have ever seen are EEs.

Quote:
DO you have a picture of Lola I would love to see her I love EE's they are so pretty and so many colors.

Quote:
Posting things that aren't backed by facts does nothing but further confuse those who had questions about the Ameraucana breed to begin with. Your understanding on something doesn't make it verbatim for the breed.

& yes Ameraucanas, the recognized varieties, do breed true.

The simple fact is that EEs were referred to as "Ameraucanas" long before a small group of hobbyists decided to breed for a few select colors and seek APA approval. Also, the APA is nothing but a club, not a legislative body with ultimate authority on setting the laws of chicken nomenclature.

eta: they should have had the common sense to know that it was going to be a never ending fight and just chosen another name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom