Selling birds or chicks at Fairs?

MrsCountryChick

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
PA
I've heard it mentioned that you can sell or purchase birds or chicks at fairs, how? I mean I've seen the whole 'poultry barn' but don't really remember seeing a 'for sale' sign on a bird's cage.....but also never really looked into the poultry barn, thinking it was for just showing of the award winning show birds. Is there an auction for the birds for sale then? I've heard there's a livestock auction for the 4H pigs, lambs or cows.... but poultry? I was just curious how that all worked.?
hmm.png

Over by us here, we have a 'wall' of sale cages. You can purchase them for $2-3 and you get it for the day. Each cage will have an individual sale sign on it. It is located right in the main poultry barn. The person who heads our shows is the one who sells the cage space. We also have an auction where the auctioneer calls out a price and you need to bid on the birds. It is great fun to see both. By us, all sale birds must conform to the same rules as entering birds into the show, ie: pullorum testing, health certificate.

Back
Top Bottom