Selling chicks, best way to run it, and get the word out?

I think I will post on Craigslist, Facebook, BYC, fliers, and make a website. Do you think that will get enough attention?
Post some ads on Craigslist BEFORE you incubate any eggs. Just to see if there is any interest at all. Last year I posted some Craigslist ads with "Straight run leghorn chicks, $1 each" and the only person who replied wanted to buy them to feed a pet snake. So I decided not to hatch any eggs.

Post some ads on Craigslist BEFORE you incubate any eggs. Just to see if there is any interest at all. Last year I posted some Craigslist ads with "Straight run leghorn chicks, $1 each" and the only person who replied wanted to buy them to feed a pet snake. So I decided not to hatch any eggs.
You could feed a snake with live baby mice or rats ... pinkies....

But not baby chicks.... unless they were totally failure-to-thrive....

e
That must have sucked! I am sorry, I hope this isn't what happens to me!

I used to advertise my chicks with family and friends on facebook and also on Craigslist. Sold as straight run only locally. Went pretty well. Though I, of course, wound up with all the ones that didn't sell. Be sure to make room. Once they were older I sold the started pullets and butchered the cockerels that didn't sell.

Back
Top Bottom