Selling chicks

Oct 14, 2019
So, I saw some old posts about this and just want to know if it has changed. What is the legal requirement for selling chicks from your home in Texas? Baby chicks, not chickens to eat. I have only 5 adult birds, soon to be 9. I want to raise and sell 2 breeds, maybe three. Not a lot, just for fun. But I'm a big rule follower. So, I checked into the PTcyesting, but right now, at least in Texas, they dont have serum available. Also, if im going to pay someone to come out, I want to get my 2nd breed that I want going. So, they have to be 6 months old to be tested. So, in the mean time, can i sell a few chicks here and there, just to cover my costs and mostly for fun? I love to talk to people about them and educate them about care. The tester I spoke with said I had to have the birds (adults) PT tested to sell from home, but did she think I meant selling birds to eat??

So, I saw some old posts about this and just want to know if it has changed. What is the legal requirement for selling chicks from your home in Texas? Baby chicks, not chickens to eat. I have only 5 adult birds, soon to be 9. I want to raise and sell 2 breeds, maybe three. Not a lot, just for fun. But I'm a big rule follower. So, I checked into the PTcyesting, but right now, at least in Texas, they dont have serum available. Also, if im going to pay someone to come out, I want to get my 2nd breed that I want going. So, they have to be 6 months old to be tested. So, in the mean time, can i sell a few chicks here and there, just to cover my costs and mostly for fun? I love to talk to people about them and educate them about care. The tester I spoke with said I had to have the birds (adults) PT tested to sell from home, but did she think I meant selling birds to eat??
You don’t need anything. Just sell them on Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom