selling extra male chicks as reptile food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
lol.png
yer killin me here LOL.

Hehhe! I have always liked you.

Back attcha.....................

AL

Not to be all "touchy feely" here, or to bash anyone who owns snakes, or bash the OP. i realize there are things that go on out in the world that i just don't want to know about. But if you're going to be raising a lot of chicks, knowing that half of those are going to end up as reptile food, then at least visit someone who owns a snake and watch what happens when that little chick gets put in the cage with the snake. If you can live with that, fine.

It's just that i know some people who will buy baby roosters, raise them up, then sell them for slaughter. They make money and at least the poor chicken gets to live a little. If the OP doesn't find it financially feasible, then perhaps she can sell them on craigslist or something. The feedstores in our area sell rooster chicks, so there must be some folks out there who think raising them is a good idea.

Sorry if i've offended anyone.

Quote:
No your fine, no problem.............

It's just that the snake eats like it does in the wild and with that being a natural part of it's behavior, it's not upsetting to watch the snake kill and eat it's food. As far as the Op's plan for the little roo's perhaps that is just the best thing for her and her situation, I for one am in no position to question her intent or morality.

AL

Awesome IDEA!!! Way to work out a place in the market place in these hard economic times...
thumbsup.gif

SQUEAMISH FOLKS: The OP didn't say he/she was going to watch and enjoy it... just make a livefoodstuff available as an alternative for already dispatched other small fuzzy critters!!!
he.gif

Quote:
i just don't see how anyone could do this ..... to me its just heartbreaking to think someone could do this...just my way of thinking.....

btw, the snakes kill them before they eat them... so it's kind of humane a bit...

but i cant' say the same for when i used to feed them to my monitors... they are brutal... snakes are gentle... people feed their snakes rabbits and sometimes small pigs...

Aloha,

That is an interesting Idea and if it generates income I believe it is a wonderful way to help maintain your business venture. I just began to sell my game birds cause I wanted to use the space for new birds. So Good for you!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Most chicken that are killed are healthy....some as early as 4 weeks for cornish gamehens.
Lot of snake food is frozen, yes dayold male chicks,rats,mice,and rabbits.

I always kill the rabbit before feeding the snake, lot of harm to a snake when trying to feed live food.

Snake kill their prey quick...one of the most humane way of any predator, then eat them after they are dead. Not like alot of other eating them alive.

nothing wrong with killing the chick no matter the age or what will be eating it, dog,cat human or snake....

Quote:
i just don't see how anyone could do this ..... to me its just heartbreaking to think someone could do this...just my way of thinking.....

Are you vegan? From my point of view, this is just the circle of life. That said, I would not want to watch!

I wouldn't do it.
That being said, I used to have a 10' long Columbian red tailed boa that I feed rabbits too. I had smaller snakes that I fed mice or rats. One of them got sick once and I had to forced feed it strips of raw meat....talk about unnatural! Everything's got to eat. I myself couldn't sell an animal I knew was getting killed (even grown roos. I'd rather do it myself) but I can't disagree with the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom