Selling fake eggs Yikes

I usually just have either 1 or 2 golf balls in each nest, then I got some glass eggs that are white with either green swirls or blue swirls in them. No mistaking those. But when I first moved the girls to the new coop, I had put 4 fake eggs in one nest and that is when my Silkie decided to go broody on them. So don't put too many in one nest unless you want someone to try putting real eggs under, lol.

Quote:
If anyone elses hen's are like mine, one is sure to 'forget' where to go to lay and make a new nest or get locked out and need to lay in the fifteen minutes I'm cleaning under the roosts and lays somewhere else.. Sooo... The other girls need a bit of a constant reminder that in the coop is THE place to lay because cleeaarly some one else likes laying there!

I love little chicken logic, don't you guys love it too?

Quote:
If anyone elses hen's are like mine, one is sure to 'forget' where to go to lay and make a new nest or get locked out and need to lay in the fifteen minutes I'm cleaning under the roosts and lays somewhere else.. Sooo... The other girls need a bit of a constant reminder that in the coop is THE place to lay because cleeaarly some one else likes laying there!

I love little chicken logic, don't you guys love it too?

All my chicks aren't laying yet. But I do agree with you. Also, what would I do with them.

I have not sold any fake eggs , but hubby sells eggs at work and one day he came in and said he got a complaint on my eggs and handed me 3 eggs saying that the guy wanted to know what i was trying to pull?

I took the eggs and said to DH wow these dont feel like anything is in them, so i candle them, Hum thats weird i said, i always candle my eggs before packing them and i could not see threw these.

So thinking somehow a bad eggs got sent out i took one outside, threw it on the ground & it did not break, so i picked it up and threw it on the cement, dang it still did not break , then DH bust out laughing , Whats so funny? He then said well them there is fake eggs
big_smile.png
. and the jokes on you
lol.png

Quote:
gig.gif
I did that too. I keep the hardboiled ones in a bowl not a carton and dh was worried about them (they were piled high and he didn't know they were boiled) so he put them in a carton and a customer got them. No biggie though, I got her some fresh eggs and we laughed about it.

I sold a hardboiled one too by mistake. Had some in the fridge and one got mixed into the fresh eggs. Luckily it was just to a friend of mine who had a good laugh over it.

Back
Top Bottom