Selling the Flock!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MTchicknman, Mar 27, 2018.

1. MTchicknman

MTchicknman Chirping

May 26, 2017
    Tennessee
    We're selling all of our Chickens - 23 brown-egg layers, and 3 Brahma Roosters. They all are less than a year old, we collect about 9-10 dozen eggs each week, and sell them locally. This is a mixed-breed flock - a couple of Australorps, two or three Buff Orpingtons, 1 Naked Neck, some brown chickens - (Cinnamon Queen?), a couple of white ones (Rocks?), and a bunch of Brahmas in the hen pen. The roosters are kept separate from the hens to prevent fertilized eggs. All except the Brahmas were bought locally, and the Brahmas were bought online.
    These are not showbirds, just good production birds.
    This Winter was too much for me and the wife, we're getting along in years and so we're going to snowbird to Tennessee this fall. Why now that the snow is melting? We're selling them sooner, rather than at the last minute.
    Includes the chickens, feed barrels, waterers, etc. and any feed/bedding, and other chicken equipment that we have bought/made - $125.00 for all.
    We live in Central Montana if anyone's interested. PM/email me for further details.

2. Poultry keeper12

Poultry keeper12 Songster

Mar 27, 2018
    Great. Best Regards

N Sully likes this.
  3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Adding "Montana" to your thread title would help.
    Or better yet, post the info above in your state chat thread here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/montana.99679/page-354

Have fun in TN!

N Sully likes this.
  4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good luck!

N Sully likes this.
  5. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Crowing

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    I just got hit again with coons, we seriously reinforced, I am in SD, so... what part of Montana - big state. I would be very interested if not too far.

6. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Crowing

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    I can see why you've had enough winter, I heard that Billings had record snow over 100 inches.
    That's a LOT of shoveling to get to the chicken coop! :eek:

Good luck in Tennessee.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    N Sully likes this.
  7. MTchicknman

MTchicknman Chirping

May 26, 2017
    Tennessee

@ Mrs K - Central Montana - about 35 miles east of the geographical center of the state, which is at the Yogo Inn in Lewistown, MT. We live in Grass Range, the junction of Hiways 87 and 200 on the map. (a lot of maps don't show our town becuz it's too small). anyone interested can shoot me an email at [email protected].

8. MTchicknman

MTchicknman Chirping

May 26, 2017
    Tennessee
    THX, I can't edit that first post to add Montana to the title, but I did post it again in the state chat thread - something I missed! Now if I end up moving there, I'll have to be the TNchickenman ;>) - Yeah, we'll have fun, the G-kids live there, so it will be nice to see them more than every 4 or 5 years!

N Sully likes this.
  9. N Sully

N Sully Songster

Sep 4, 2017
    South Dakota
    Awe @Mrs. K come to Sioux Falls and take some of my chickens. I have too many.

10. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Crowing

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    I got lucky and found some close by! Sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: