Selling the Flock!

MTchicknman

Chirping
May 26, 2017
Tennessee
We're selling all of our Chickens - 23 brown-egg layers, and 3 Brahma Roosters. They all are less than a year old, we collect about 9-10 dozen eggs each week, and sell them locally. This is a mixed-breed flock - a couple of Australorps, two or three Buff Orpingtons, 1 Naked Neck, some brown chickens - (Cinnamon Queen?), a couple of white ones (Rocks?), and a bunch of Brahmas in the hen pen. The roosters are kept separate from the hens to prevent fertilized eggs. All except the Brahmas were bought locally, and the Brahmas were bought online.
These are not showbirds, just good production birds.
This Winter was too much for me and the wife, we're getting along in years and so we're going to snowbird to Tennessee this fall. Why now that the snow is melting? We're selling them sooner, rather than at the last minute.
Includes the chickens, feed barrels, waterers, etc. and any feed/bedding, and other chicken equipment that we have bought/made - $125.00 for all.
We live in Central Montana if anyone's interested. PM/email me for further details.

I can see why you've had enough winter, I heard that Billings had record snow over 100 inches.
That's a LOT of shoveling to get to the chicken coop! :eek:

Good luck in Tennessee.

Last edited:
I just got hit again with coons, we seriously reinforced, I am in SD, so... what part of Montana - big state. I would be very interested if not too far.

@ Mrs K - Central Montana - about 35 miles east of the geographical center of the state, which is at the Yogo Inn in Lewistown, MT. We live in Grass Range, the junction of Hiways 87 and 200 on the map. (a lot of maps don't show our town becuz it's too small). anyone interested can shoot me an email at [email protected].

Adding "Montana" to your thread title would help.
Or better yet, post the info above in your state chat thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/montana.99679/page-354
THX, I can't edit that first post to add Montana to the title, but I did post it again in the state chat thread - something I missed! Now if I end up moving there, I'll have to be the TNchickenman ;>) - Yeah, we'll have fun, the G-kids live there, so it will be nice to see them more than every 4 or 5 years!

Back
Top Bottom