Selling your Piglets (Red Wattles): Looking for Advice

Midwest Lizabeth

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
We waited for over two years before we finally got piglets. We'd almost given up. This year our Cassie had piglets. It was our first experience and they are so cute! The little piglets are growing up so fast. I have listed them on the Red Wattle site, but it seems to have very few users. We selected the breed based on how gentle they are and we were quite pleased that momma Cassie is indeed very gentle and is not at all agressive towards hubby/I.

If you raise unusual registered hogs, what seems to be your best source when it comes to selling the piglets? Does anyone have experience with ALBC? You can post for sale items there if you are a member. (We really don't want to have to pay another annual membership fee.) We're thinking Craigslist.

I know that this is the chicken forum. . . .but it's by far the best forum that I've ever joined. . . and there's a depth of knowledge here that's absolutely amazing. Looking foward to your thoughts.

I check this forum two/three times per week. I can't believe this weather. Unbelievably warm. I never remember having to mow our yard in March. . .if the rain/warm weather continue. . .I'll soon be spending my weekends mowing.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Midwest Liz

It seems like everyone checks Craigslist. If you have a website you can add that to the post. If not then you might want to write a little about the breed. I love Red Wattles.
Now would be a good time to post them for sale because the 4-h kids will be looking for their projects. You might want to try Hoobly too.
I LOVED this winter! It was the best ever! In Ohio up by Lake Erie we are going to get into the 60's and 70's the rest of the week. I just hope it doesn't get the fruit trees blooming too early.

Skyesrocket:
Thanks for the 4H idea. Do you know if the 4H piglets have to be born between certain dates? I think I saw that a few years ago. I'll try to find our local 4H and see if any of the kids are into pigs. So many at our state fair seem to do chickens or rabbits (less work/less money involved).
Possibly record heat this week. Afraid peach trees are going to bloom. . . and then get frosted.
Liz

I suggest both an ad here in the auction section of BYC, and go over to Homesteading Today and post in their pigs forum.

There is also a backyard Herds forum. You can link to it from this site.

Back
Top Bottom