Separating chicks! Help!

MamaChick20

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2024
Lafayette, Georgia
Hey yall so I’m kinda stuck. I currently have 3 chicks ( rip to my 4th one 😢) and I didn’t realize that two chicks are already at two weeks old, while the other one is 1 week. Is it the best idea to separate the one week old so then she can get the heat that she needs? I just don’t want to separate her from the other two if it will cause problems or even lose a connection that she already has with the other two :(

Hey yall so I’m kinda stuck. I currently have 3 chicks ( rip to my 4th one 😢) and I didn’t realize that two chicks are already at two weeks old, while the other one is 1 week. Is it the best idea to separate the one week old so then she can get the heat that she needs? I just don’t want to separate her from the other two if it will cause problems or even lose a connection that she already has with the other two :(
They will be fine together, as long as they have a heat source, food and water, it'll be ok. I've had 4 week olds with 1 week olds with no issues

I'm so sorry that you lost one. I started a few days old with the previous weeks delivery and even though there is a size difference, all is well! They're a bonded flock on week 3.... Your's will be just fine. So what breeds did you get? My older ones are Wyandotte's and they are much bigger than the younger speckled sussex. They're all so sweet! ENJOY!

I'm so sorry that you lost one. I started a few days old with the previous weeks delivery and even though there is a size difference, all is well! They're a bonded flock on week 3.... Your's will be just fine. So what breeds did you get? My older ones are Wyandotte's and they are much bigger than the younger speckled sussex. They're all so sweet! ENJOY!
It’s okay 😭 I balled for hours I shouldnt have gotten attached 😅 One of them is a sapphire gem and the rest are Rhode Island reds 😍

I have 2 Marans that are 2 wks ahead of everyone else. The Itty bitties have learned to stay out of their way when they get the zoomies. They don't try and spar with the bitties either. They know how little they are. And they do cuddle all together in a puppy pile. The bitties look up to them literally. Everyone is fine.

Back
Top Bottom