separating girl & boy call ducks

sayyadina

Songster
10 Years
May 19, 2009
My call duck pair had 2 ducklings this year....a boy and a girl. They're really nice ducks, but I just don't have any interest in continuing to breed them and sale potential is nonexistent.

So, if I divide my call duck house in half, can I have the mother and daughter together and the father & son on the other side? Or will the boys fight?

The ducklings are now almost 12 weeks old.

My call duck pair had 2 ducklings this year....a boy and a girl. They're really nice ducks, but I just don't have any interest in continuing to breed them and sale potential is nonexistent.

So, if I divide my call duck house in half, can I have the mother and daughter together and the father & son on the other side? Or will the boys fight?

The ducklings are now almost 12 weeks old.
Can you not keep them all together? just collect eggs daily then no ducklings. seems sad to think the pair would have to be separated. and brother and sister are probably bonded as well, you control the hatching.

I agree with Miss Lydia, just remove the eggs, the pair won't likely take to being separated, and often calls are kept in pairs and small flocks. I currently have a pair and two unknown... soon they will blend and be a small flock. The breeder i got my second pair off of, had many calls together, pairs, singles etc so if there is enough space it's quite doable.

I had them all together when I first moved the kids back outside They grew up in a brooder in the house, since it was too cold outside for them to stay with mom. Then one of the adults started plucking feathers out of the little boy, so I have a makeshift divider between the parents and kids. I'm not sure which one it was, but I think the mom more likely than the dad. She's a very boisterous, high energy duck. He's more reserved and kind of in her shadow.

I was just thinking of dividing with fencing material. They'd still be able to see each other.

I can't let the brother and sister breed, can I? Or as long as I don't let any of the eggs hatch, there wouldn't be a problem?

The existing house is 5ft x 9ft, and the run is 7ft by 14ft.

I had them all together when I first moved the kids back outside They grew up in a brooder in the house, since it was too cold outside for them to stay with mom. Then one of the adults started plucking feathers out of the little boy, so I have a makeshift divider between the parents and kids. I'm not sure which one it was, but I think the mom more likely than the dad. She's a very boisterous, high energy duck. He's more reserved and kind of in her shadow.

I was just thinking of dividing with fencing material. They'd still be able to see each other.

I can't let the brother and sister breed, can I? Or as long as I don't let any of the eggs hatch, there wouldn't be a problem?

The existing house is 5ft x 9ft, and the run is 7ft by 14ft.
Brother and sister can breed to their hearts content just collect eggs daily,. you could do like your talking about with fencing and just keep it mom with dad and brother with sister since they are bonded to each other.

Back
Top Bottom