September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

No air cell? Did you look all over the egg?? It could be somewhere other than normal, but I've never seen one without one.
That is cool as can be!
I agree with your assumptions. Much better than that last post haha. Air cell looks good to me too.
Adorable!!!! :love

Thank you.

I had to add a sponge with water to the brinsea twice so far. It dries out before I get back to it. Humidity is not good in it. And my son named the polish chicken Fonzie. Lol

Thank you.

I had to add a sponge with water to the brinsea twice so far. It dries out before I get back to it. Humidity is not good in it. And my son named the polish chicken Fonzie. Lol

I got the humidity pump, but don't have it hooked up. I hope I don't have trouble next week in lockdown. :fl

Fonzie is a great name for a polish!! Haha I had 3 that I hatched, but I sold them. Decided to stay with bantams at home, and those dummies would never have survives at camp
1f609.png

Oh yay! Ok I'll update. How are the guineas doing? I'd love some of those someday. I heard they scare away predators,very vocal.

Hen is still doing her best to cover all the eggs. I have no idea when they would be due to hatch so I just keep an eye out. The guineas have chased off a fox, a coyote and a raccoon that we have seen. And they are killer on grasshoppers.

Oh yay! Ok I'll update. How are the guineas doing? I'd love some of those someday. I heard they scare away predators,very vocal.

Hen is still doing her best to cover all the eggs. I have no idea when they would be due to hatch so I just keep an eye out. The guineas have chased off a fox, a coyote and a raccoon that we have seen. And they are killer on grasshoppers.

Ok. Next....I get guineas!!!! So we got three hens today and two ducks. I'm so so so excited!!! I'll send pics soon. Gosh I have to name them,yet!!! I now have 4 of my hens taking turns on the banty clutch. Idk what is going to happen as far as hatch date. I've got day one and due date marked. All I can do is keep an eye on them. I'll be taking them and raising them for the first two weeks or so. Just to ensure their safety. I hope my new hens end up being better mamas.

Wow! I bet that was a huge surprise! Lol That's amazing!

This is why I wonder why people think that is soo important to keep that bator closed the whole time. I like to candle my eggs on the end of day 20 to see how close they are to hatching. Think about wild life. I see those Eagles they video tape on youtube get up and change places while an egg is pipped, in snowy weather! They usually hatch three babies, did again this yr. I have found, that opening the bator quickly during lock down is a good thing, they need the oxygen. Now, this is me! Not suggesting anyone else do this, especially if you think I'm crazy.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom