September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Wow I can't imagine doing shipped eggs. It's already such a challenge getting my crappy incubator to work properly.
For those of you running 99 degrees is that with a fan? I'm at 101.5 to 102 because it's still air. Is that correct?

After reading about the better hatch rate with forced air incubators, I turned my little giant into a forced air. Rather than paying $40 for the fan you can buy online, I read a post where someone used a CPU fan with a 12 V power supply as a fan. Works just fine! I used an old 12 v power supply I had lying around and asked the local computer fix-it shop if they had any CPU fans lying around. Total cost for the fan: $0.

Last edited:
As of this morning I have 10 out & 2 more pipped out of 15!!!

Congratulations!

Getting mine ready to put on.

6 very expensive omelettes anyone?
1f62d.png
tripped over every single Tricolor Paint silkie egg smashed :( Oh well just aswell I'm getting more next week still I kicking myself :-/

I don't hold out much hope but I've patched 3 of the least cracked ones up with candle wax.. There's another badly cracked but it's leaking so I won't waste my time with that one... the other 2 are on the floor well beyond saving :|

@Ciryluk3g
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened sending lots of hugs your way. I had a dream last night that I came down and someone had knocked my bator and cracked a bunch of eggs. You better believe I checked them first thing this morning.

@Ciryluk3g
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened sending lots of hugs your way. I had a dream last night that I came down and someone had knocked my bator and cracked a bunch of eggs. You better believe I checked them first thing this morning.

I get out of bed in the middle of the night to check on mine lol

Back
Top Bottom