September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

At 9 days candling should have a good structure of veining.
Unfortunately, these look a Lot like the ebay eggs I set yesterday, although at least a couple of mine show a yolk present. A dark glob tbat moves ijside the egg :/

At 9 days candling should have a good structure of veining.
Unfortunately, these look a Lot like the ebay eggs I set yesterday, although at least a couple of mine show a yolk present. A dark glob tbat moves ijside the egg
hmm.png

Yeah, we'll see what happens. If this fails, I'm driving to the hatchery in Phoenix to buy eggs next time!

Okay, so more candling pics! Shipped Serama @ day 7 this time.

I got rid of the complete clear but kept the four that had a dark foggy inside, hoping they are late bloomers but how late is "late to the party" or "will not be attending?"
Three look like this @ 7 days:

I have one that I was hopeful because I saw a vein the other day but now I'm wondering if this is one of those "blood ring" things I've heard of:

And lastly, but not leastly, I've had 3 that I was so happy that they looked like they were chugging along doing the veining thing & the little embryo thing & then I find this today:

Give it to me straight, Doc. Is this guy dead & if it is, should it be removed right away?
You guys are great! Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
Okay, so more candling pics! Shipped Serama @ day 7 this time.

I got rid of the complete clear but kept the four that had a dark foggy inside, hoping they are late bloomers but how late is "late to the party" or "will not be attending?"
Three look like this @ 7 days:

I have one that I was hopeful because I saw a vein the other day but now I'm wondering if this is one of those "blood ring" things I've heard of:

And lastly, but not leastly, I've had 3 that I was so happy that they looked like they were chugging along doing the veining thing & the little embryo thing & then I find this today:

Give it to me straight, Doc. Is this guy dead & if it is, should it be removed right away?
You guys are great! Thanks for any info.
To get the best idea of what's going on in an egg, candle from the fat end, down into the egg.

To get the best idea of what's going on in an egg, candle from the fat end, down into the egg.

Thanks! I'm going try that better next time around. Don't want to fiddle with them too much. I have been trying to keep them upright with all the damaged air cells & that makes for difficult one-handed photo clickin' :)

Back
Top Bottom