September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

They're hatching! Two of them are hatching!!! (the other two I set a couple days late) :celebrate

It must have been mom. When I talk to the eggs, to try to get them to respond to me, they were quiet. But to her they cheeped and got excited and just an hour or so afterwards started hatching. Guess that shows they like my mom better then me. :p
I have two pips!! Ugh I'm not going to be able to sleep. I can hear very faint chirping too!!

Oopsie! Accidentally posted that twice. Anywho,congrats on the near arrival of your fluffy butts!
1f423.png
1f425.png
Now you know, we're going to be expecting some pics!!!
1f618.png

Last edited:
GitaBooks she/he is SO cute!

Thanks for the compliments on my Drogo- more on him later...

Well last week I had zero hatch. Ugh. I've since recalibrated (temps were too low, I think due to seasonal changes?) and so far yesterday (Friday) had a BCM hatch and a mint green egg (Isbar?) has pipped!

I get so bummed at chicken math. I'm down to 2 little chicks (3 weeks) and my Swedish Flower Hen babes died. I had a pair
1f623.png
1f61e.png

I have another doz SFH eggs coming though so hopefully I get a few from that hatch. I have a ton more to set, too- almost four more doz and just in time for the holiday weekend because hubby is going to have to finish our mini fridge 'bator so I can set them and the ones I have arriving. Trying to get a new coop (our biggest) and breeding pens done before winter, so he's going to be very busy!

Here is a pic of my 4-5 month old LO roo Viserys...

Congrats to those hatching!! Yeah!!

Gita - that baby is too cute!
Zoey - eeeeeee! Pips!!!
Cuckoo - gorgeous comb on that LO! I have 10 LOs, I hatched in April.

GitaBooks she/he is SO cute!

Thanks for the compliments on my Drogo- more on him later...

Well last week I had zero hatch. Ugh. I've since recalibrated (temps were too low, I think due to seasonal changes?) and so far yesterday (Friday) had a BCM hatch and a mint green egg (Isbar?) has pipped!

I get so bummed at chicken math. I'm down to 2 little chicks (3 weeks) and my Swedish Flower Hen babes died. I had a pair
1f623.png
1f61e.png

I have another doz SFH eggs coming though so hopefully I get a few from that hatch. I have a ton more to set, too- almost four more doz and just in time for the holiday weekend because hubby is going to have to finish our mini fridge 'bator so I can set them and the ones I have arriving. Trying to get a new coop (our biggest) and breeding pens done before winter, so he's going to be very busy!

Here is a pic of my 4-5 month old LO roo Viserys...

Nice looking roo. How did your flower babies die? That's too bad.

Update on my 7 marans eggs.....candled yesterday-day 4-six of them looked fertile. Number 4 was iffy. I'll check again today since I was a bit early. Couldn't stand it any longer. This is my first batch of chickens to incubate so I'm kind of excited. I've been successful with several batches of guineas this summer so hoping the chickens work out.

I checked on my EEs this morning, I have maybe 20 pips but none are out yet, oh the joys of waiting.

Update; one chick just hatched.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom