September 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I locked down last night and now I have 1 pip and can hear little pips coming from the incubator. I will have little chicks soon!
woot.gif
Soo close :)

This was the most time dragging part for me. Enjoy watching them hatch :)

Getting a little nervous. Last hatch I heard peeping on Saturday with hatch day for Monday. Same this time around and haven't heard a single peep yet....

Two of my speckled Sussex have hatched. The one with the air cell in the side has externally pipped. It's hard to check the veining because the two membranes are glued together. I think it is fine for now, fingers crossed. One of the others is DIS though :( Hopefully I end up with 6. Any extras are already sold. I'm debating whether I should keep two or three. I only want one hen but I am really good at picking boys out of a batch lol.

I received 18 Mille Fleur and porcelain old English game bantam eggs on Thursday (the auction was for 12!). They settled overnight and I set them yesterday. I accidentally dropped one though :( So, I have those to look forward to in a few weeks.

I also got in on a group order to ideal with some other locals so next Friday I'll have a salmon faverolle pullet and 18 assorted Bantams lol.

Chicken math!!!

I need to start on coop three asap.

You are worse at chicken math than I am! Lol I can't even imagine... But how fun!!! And yes, you definitely need another coop!

Two of my speckled Sussex have hatched. The one with the air cell in the side has externally pipped. It's hard to check the veining because the two membranes are glued together. I think it is fine for now, fingers crossed. One of the others is DIS though :( Hopefully I end up with 6. Any extras are already sold. I'm debating whether I should keep two or three. I only want one hen but I am really good at picking boys out of a batch lol.

I received 18 Mille Fleur and porcelain old English game bantam eggs on Thursday (the auction was for 12!). They settled overnight and I set them yesterday. I accidentally dropped one though :( So, I have those to look forward to in a few weeks.

I also got in on a group order to ideal with some other locals so next Friday I'll have a salmon faverolle pullet and 18 assorted Bantams lol.

Chicken math!!!

I need to start on coop three asap.

You are worse at chicken math than I am! Lol I can't even imagine... But how fun!!! And yes, you definitely need another coop!

My husband would kill me if he knew. The assorted Bantams are $1 each and who doesn't like the fun of going through a surprise mix? Lol the nice thing is one of my hens just went broody again so she'll take over raising whichever chicks I'm keeping (I'm not planning to keep all 18).

The OEGB eggs were a spur of the moment, moment of weakness purchase :( lol

I swear I'm done with chicks after this...for now.

I'll believe it when I see it
;)

Lol me too

But hey, I lost three birds to a fox this week and I'm selling a few pullets tomorrow and right now I have twelve extra males. So it will all even out in the end... Right? Plus if I sell some of the extra Bantam chicks for $2 I could maybe come out ahead so it'll be like I'm getting paid to get more chickens!!!

Back
Top Bottom