September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

Quote:
They were small cream colored banty eggs. They had RC written on them and I mistakenly thought they were Red Cochins. Ummm they're definitely NOT Red Cochins! LOL

I also know who I sent to, she hasn't posted at all on this thread, though.

Laurie

Quote:
Well, those don't look like silkies or buff orps, so they can't be Bird Brain....guess again!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yours should have hatched by now, yes? I'll give you a tip, the person who sent your eggs to you was an in-between, your swapper bought the eggs to send
big_smile.png
Not much help, huh?
lau.gif

Quote:
They were small cream colored banty eggs. They had RC written on them and I mistakenly thought they were Red Cochins. Ummm they're definitely NOT Red Cochins! LOL

I also know who I sent to, she hasn't posted at all on this thread, though.

Laurie

Your send-to partner was pretty easy to figure out, which is why I had my eggs come to my son (he has a different last name) and is also the reason that I bought eggs to send (that and the fact that all my pures are running around the yard with their babies
roll.png
)

ETA: Since they are bantams, and are black, with RC written on the egg, do you think they might be black rosecombs?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
That was my guess, Shelley. When they weren't Red Cochins, I assumed they were Black Rosecombs. I searched on Feathersite and the chicks looked identical. Then I went to the What am I section and someone thought the same thing.

Of course I researched Black Rosecombs and they're adorbable!

Laurie

Only two? Didn't you have 7 that made it to the hatcher? That's a shame. I figured you had a bunch of them. That's awful about the one. Well, darn! I'm sorry it didn't work out so well. Oops, almost forgot...yes, they are Buff Brahma Bantams.

Last edited:
I guess I shall share a pic of my button quail chicks until I see if my three eggs hatch
101_0762.jpg

Wish I could join in the October swap but nothings laying
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom