***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

I just set 43 Eggs. I have a incubator genesis and a 42 egg turner. I had to put an extra on the side, but I've had decent luck with no turn incubating so maybe it will hatch
smile.png

I set - 4 Black Copper Maran , 3 Bantam White Face Black Spanish, 1 silky, 4 buff orpingtons, 5 of my own 1st gen olive eggers, 7 Lakenvelder, 5 Buff orpington, 7 Easter Egger and 7 'assorted' rare breed ( i got them from a breeder friend).

Hopefully they will do well! I had a decent hatch first time around and then a crappy second hatch. This will be my 2nd to last hatch and I have 18 left over from my own flock ( B/B/S and duck) to go in when these hatch... I have had NO problem with hatching 'old' room temp. stored eggs.

wee.gif
more hatching buddies!
There is a group of us who set our eggs the 14th and have been sharing info & stories
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=385493&p=1
ours are due Sept 5th.
i have Pot luck Silkie
big_smile.png
& Brhamas in the bator
wink.png

Not to sure how Ill do being it my fist hatch but I know I got some moving along nicely.
Hard to tell being new to hatching and with dark eggs. Just the same we are excited!
it just seems like this last week is DRAGGING!!
Not sure who Im more excited for chicks or my kids going back to school
frow.gif

Hi all. I set 8 Silver Duckwings from pidgey104 on Friday 8-27. I'm also expecting 6 more Silver Duckwings Wednesday from an ebay seller. I'm currently attempting to hatch in my home made bator what started out as 55 various eggs from my mother in laws chickens. They go into lockdown tomorrow, however I've had to throw out about ten eggs.
Pics to come of my successes. Also my first attempt at hatching eggs!!

Jim and Marisa
smile.png

Quote:
Ooh silver duckwings are soooo pretty. I considered bidding on those rare eBay lots before I finally decided to go with seramas. The smallest chicken thing just got me hehe

OMG! I just candled one of the coturnix eggs and we finally saw
movement!!! It was kind of gross...but a larger percentage of cool
wink.png

Well I hatched out 5 fuzzy butts this past week BUT I am Addicted!!! So I started 18 eggs in bator. I candeld on the 3 and I found a stinker so as of now I am down to 17 eggs!

8 are from my flock and the other 10 are from my aunt's flock! they have BR, BO, Bsexlink, and a few others I'm not sure I 4get they have quite a mixture!

oh I did this on the August post but I think everyone has moved here
I thought a chick hunt might be fun !!
Can you find all the babies?
63221_chix_068sm.jpg

Can't find all them let me know where you are ready for the answers!

Back
Top Bottom