***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Quote:
i see 5 is that right?
lol.png

You are correct there are 5 babies!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63221_chix_069sm_yel.jpg

lol.png

grrr day 8 and I am seeing nothing going on in those dang eggs. I found one has a crack that could not bee seen until candling. Frustrated. Going to wait a couple more days and check every single one and then go from there. I probably ate the only dang fertilized egg. I thought I saw something in one but there was nothing there yesterday so I have no clue.

Checking in with 20 silkie eggs due to hatch on the 9th.

There were 28 eggs but 8 failed some due to blood ring others never went anywhere.

I can't wait for this hatch.
big_smile.png

Hi everyone!
frow.gif
Madcap, [the 'civilly disobedient' Urban Outlaw] here. I haven't posted since my May hatch ...... have barely had time to look at email and didn't get to follow the HatchAlongs
sad.png
What a wild ride the summer has been, an' it's not over!! Not sure where to post my summer adventures ................ will do some under "chicken behaviors" to cover yesterday and my "broody hatch" in June.

WILL announce here, though, that I have 5 adorable B-Cochin frizzles in the brooder,
celebrate.gif
5 days old and am daring to hope
fl.gif
all are frizzled. At least one has some silkie - I can tell because it has 5 toes.
love.gif
droolin.gif
Pictures to follow. I started w/20 eggs, shipped and packaged perfectly, but only 6 developed and went to lockdedown. I gave the 6th until yesterday, then eggtopsied. Chick was perfectly developed, yolk almost completely absorbed.
idunno.gif

Now for my announcement..................[drum rollllllllllllllll]....................... I'M IN!!!!!!
wee.gif
I received notice that the dozen mixed Bantam Ameraucanas I ordered Saturday [6 lavender, 6 black &/or blue &/or splash
droolin.gif
] got to my post office this am!
celebrate.gif
SCRAMBLE to get the Suro cleaned, disinfected, dried out, warmed up and ready for eggs! Guess I should also mention here that I am certifiable! YES, you just read that I am setting a dozen eggs tomorrow. I will be using my totally automated King Suro incubator and we shall see. I leave for a 5 day weekend for my class reunion on the 2nd, Home on the 6th. Leave on the 14th [so I will be able to get one candling in to remove quitters/non-starters] for a weeks vacation w/DH on the west coast [never been there]. Since lockdown will be the 18th, and we won't get back until the afternoon of the 21st [hatch day
ep.gif
], DD will have to stop the rocker and increase the humidity -- I will teach her how this afternoon. With any luck, we will get home to peeps peeking at us from the 'bator!
lau.gif
gig.gif
So yup, I'm in, but probably won't have a lot of time for posting!

44 Silkie eggs due to arrive late this week!!! I am freaking out!!!! We are going to buy another incubator, we weren't expecting that many eggs..... We have one small broody and a still air incubator. I can't wait, this will be the most eggs we have ever tried to hatch at once although, I am not so excited about hand turning 44 eggs......
th.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

mtcookie: Awesome!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif
What colors?
droolin.gif
Me
love.gif
silkies!
Madcap621: I Love Bantam Ameraucanas!
wee.gif

Gerbil: 44 ..
th.gif
You don't need that many! Send me 22 of them!!!
wee.gif
What colors?

White, Partridge, Black Lavender split, Splash and Grey/Silver!​

Back
Top Bottom