***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

ok, since I finally figured out how to post pictures..I have some that hatched out last week...hopefully you all will not mind if I post those here just to show them off...I also posted them today on the August thread... if you mind, I am sorry and I will not do it again.
46190_chickens_august_2010_024.jpg

How could any one mind chick pics?
big_smile.png

So I have a question well a few
roll.png

What breeds can you feather sex?
Is there ANY way to sex banties?
Who feathers out faster?

Trying to stay out of the bator...Lock down on Weds for me!!
pop.gif

Well, I participated in the August Hatch-A-Long but only 6 of the 16 eggs the breeder sent me were fertile and only one hatched. So, the breeder just sent me 18 replacement eggs
clap.gif
and to my surprise they are due to hatch Sept. 17th, which is my birthday!!
ya.gif
I am incubating True Ameraucanas~ 9 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten, 6 Lavender Split, and 3 Lavender. Should be a colorful hatch! Sure hope I have better luck this time
fl.gif

I just set 8 blue laced red Wyandotte eggs under a broody hen on Friday, so they will be hatching in September. I am not sure if they are fertile but will candle in a few days to see.

I too have a staggered hatch. Have 12 BCM eggs, that were shipped, 27 mixed from my own flock and 3 pure silkie eggs. I am hoping toget my other bator up to temp to move the eggies for lockdown. I start into lockdown on the 5th and have 25 babies shipping from MPC on the 7th.......Yes I have lost my mind. My fingers are crossed for all you guys hatching this month. Keep the pics rolling!

I just put 11 unknown banty eggs in the bator today. My fiance brought them back from Michigan this weekend from her aunt who has fertile free rangers.

They are due to hatch Sept. 19.. will post pics and see what I get.

Candling Results:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy's Egg: I could see an eye ball - but I couldn't really tell if it was alive or not?
hu.gif
hmm.png

Julia's Egg ( It's green ): I couldn't see anything!!!! So who knows?
sad.png
roll.png
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom