***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Quote:
lau.gif
Spoken like a true Hatch-ahollic!!
thumbsup.gif

LOL I just ordered 9 more eggs, and am waiting for a bunch of quail eggs...just when the incubator is scheduled to be clear xD

I went to a local Antique Show today saw some LIL Fuzzy Butts!

BUTT

I got home and I had 6 more lil fuzzy butts of my own that hatched out !!
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

1 piped and died
hit.gif
It looked like it had a defect though. a lil of its intestines were hanging out
hit.gif
idunno.gif

I have 3 more eggs left in bator and 2 are pipped!! yeah!!!! the 3rd probably won't hatch till tomorrow It still has alot of veins and is not in the air sack yet!!
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

here they are in the brooder box
u can see the nosey older chicks LOL
63221_chix_106s.jpg

63221_chix_108s.jpg

I am back, i know i am cruising for a bruising lol.........

28 eggs set September 6th wish me luck I candled all and saw everyone swimming all looks like a go!! Crossing fingers and toes and even my hair.

UPDATES:
big_smile.png

I've been gone since Saturday Morning so gotta catch up!
wee.gif

My 2 chicken eggs are suppost to hatch tomorrow!
ya.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
I'm pretty sure the EE egg is dead but the other one isn't.
smile.png

My hen Sophie, that hatched out the 4 keets left the other 8 eggs in the nest and when I got home she had left the nest and the eggs were stone cold!
th.gif
somad.gif
he.gif

I gave the 8 guin-guin eggs to another broody but .. I'm pretty sure they all died!
hit.gif
somad.gif

Tonight I'm going to candle and see what eggs are good and what eggs are bad ..
hmm.png

Quote:
Yes, indeedy! Me too! I have two small incubators available right now, and two sets of eggs on their way to me.

Mwaaahahahaaaahaaaaaa! I feel like an mad scientist, creating life in my guest bedroom. The sounds of the fans going, the occasional sound of the humidity pumps, the times when I turn out the lights and candle eggs in the dark.

I'm so hooked. I have a third incubator with 7 BJG eggs in it now. And a fourth, brand new little bitty incubator (R-Com) just for 3 eggs, that I'm trying to decide if I want to use for Trader Joe eggs or some of my own.

I just turned off the first incubator, with the four eggs in it that didn't hatch, and they're cooling. I cannot decide if I want to do an eggtopsy on 'em or not... the second 'bator will be turned off, with its four unhatched eggs, tomorrow, as yesterday was its scheduled day to hatch but 3 hatched 3 days ago.

The 3 bantam cochin and 3 blue/black/splash orpington hatchlings have become one gang o' six chicks in the brooder. Everybody is active, but the banties dash circles around the orps. Plus, they actually - at 4 days old - fly a good half inch high and 3 inches far when whey jump and flap their tiny wings. The orps hop and flap their wings and go thump.

lol.png

Quote:
Yes, indeedy! Me too! I have two small incubators available right now, and two sets of eggs on their way to me.

Mwaaahahahaaaahaaaaaa! I feel like an mad scientist, creating life in my guest bedroom. The sounds of the fans going, the occasional sound of the humidity pumps, the times when I turn out the lights and candle eggs in the dark.

I'm so hooked. I have a third incubator with 7 BJG eggs in it now. And a fourth, brand new little bitty incubator (R-Com) just for 3 eggs, that I'm trying to decide if I want to use for Trader Joe eggs or some of my own.

I just turned off the first incubator, with the four eggs in it that didn't hatch, and they're cooling. I cannot decide if I want to do an eggtopsy on 'em or not... the second 'bator will be turned off, with its four unhatched eggs, tomorrow, as yesterday was its scheduled day to hatch but 3 hatched 3 days ago.

The 3 bantam cochin and 3 blue/black/splash orpington hatchlings have become one gang o' six chicks in the brooder. Everybody is active, but the banties dash circles around the orps. Plus, they actually - at 4 days old - fly a good half inch high and 3 inches far when whey jump and flap their tiny wings. The orps hop and flap their wings and go thump.

lol.png

Ugh - Sounds like you didn't have a goood hatch!
sad.png
At least you got a few chickies!!!
jumpy.gif
wink.png

What does everyone do with all the Chicks? Keep them? I would like to hatch more, if I had some good homes for them! I can only keep so many! But I love to hatch.......
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom