***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

So cute!
love.gif

Well, not a pip in sight as of today, so I decided to open up the eggs and see if anyone was in there. All dead, unfortunately! None had internally pipped, none had fully absorbed their yolks, but all looked just fine and were quite far along in development. I wonder what happened? They were all moving vigorously the last time I candled them. Oh well, seramas are a bit hard to incubate, and I know the post was rough on this batch. It would've been nice to get more than three, but what can you do? (I plan on loving the ones I got and setting more eggs!)

Here's my whole group of chicks, including the three my broody hatched and the mystery rescue bantam chick!

Littles010.jpg

Littles009.jpg

Are they cute or WHAT?
big_smile.png

The three I got out of the incubator:

Littles003.jpg

Mystery bantam chick. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking cochin or cochin mix! It has feathered feet and is getting in blue feathers!

Littles016.jpg

And I hate to be so biased, but I think this might be the prettiest chick I've ever hatched! It has a thin white collar, black on the back, and sort of bluish hues in additional to that GORGEOUS chocolate color! Totally tiny, too.
love.gif

Littles017.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you both! They are completely darling.
love.gif
I may see if mama will take the three incubator chicks as well--I put them in with her for a bit and she took to them all right. I want to wait until tomorrow or the next day, though, when the incubator chicks are a little better on their feet.

Yes. That is a beanie baby turkey. I went digging through my things to find something soft for the babies to huddle against. The others have done so well that way that I decided to make this my normal practice for small batches of babies. Anyway, I saw that beanie baby turkey in my bin and thought it might work. However, I "really" didn't want to ruin that one. Oh well, it's going in. Later today, I dropped into a shop and picked up a couple of different ones for them, thinking I'd switch it out. NOPE, they weren't having ANY of that. They wanted their turkey mama back. Apparently, a beanie baby crab is less desirable than a turkey. I don't blame them.
lol.png
Yes, it started out on it's side. I have it sitting up now...they don't care but it makes for cuter pictures.
wink.png

63147_100_2915.jpg

63147_100_2923.jpg

63147_100_2942.jpg

63147_100_2958.jpg

Back
Top Bottom