SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
My weekend hatch is due Saturday... lots of red broilers cross eggs. Oh and a few others but I fully expect to find quite a few Nn in this batch as the main rooster is Nn.

Best of luck to ya, I cant wait to experiment with naked necks, i have one pullet that i cant wait to cross with my other breeds! :clap

Ok, I need information. I have set eggs and I have been weighing them to make sure they lose enough weight. I have been diligently adjusting humidity based on the weight. I went to lockdown today and they were all dead. The airsack was HUGE plus it was splattered, not rounded. What did I do wrong? They did lose 13% weight...
How do you know they were dead? I thought they were supposed to lose 13% weight. I'm confused here.

How do you know they were dead? I thought they were supposed to lose 13% weight. I'm confused here.
Indeed they did lose 13% weight, and that was annoying. The embryos were not developed. Half of the egg was with air-sack and the rest of was transparent as though the embryo only developed in 1/3 of the egg. I could not take a picture with 1 hand only..

Did you see bloodrings? or just not see any movement?
Several had bloodrings. I threw away 2 with bloodrings. I left the other 4 in the incubator and lockedown. I am going on a business trip tomorrow morning, so when I come back will see if any has hatched.

Okay day 14 here

2 eggs quiet as I spotted a blood ring in one and nothing in the other, (it was all yellow and clear)

Most you can only just make out the air cell, they are dark through and through otherwise. Though a couple are about 3/4 dark all around and they still had possible embryo / veining.

And for 1 as I sat it in the candler cradle, it kicked the egg.

So at this point I know I have at least 1 live one

Keet pics! 15/16 have hatched.

Attachments

• 1253A29A-9561-4C80-9B4D-AC283FDA7E91.jpeg
    1253A29A-9561-4C80-9B4D-AC283FDA7E91.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 8
  • 146E7143-DF7F-4AD3-8CBF-01BF1EB7D7C4.jpeg
    146E7143-DF7F-4AD3-8CBF-01BF1EB7D7C4.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom