SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
They're adorable!
Those are Rhode Island white chicks a heritage breed that is on threatened list, might be a couple Ambers only the brown eggs hatched and one of the RIW roosters was out with the Rhode Island Reds. The one I thought might have Wry neck may have been due to a slipped tendon and kinked neck was up walking fine and looking good this morning

I kept waking up because I thought I heard chirping but every time I checked nothing. Just a little bit ago I realized that the platen still being in the incubator would most likely cause more problems than not so quickly removed it and discovered I have 1 pipped, one where the shell is cracked and one rocking violently
20190919_101559.jpg

I kept waking up because I thought I heard chirping but every time I checked nothing. Just a little bit ago I realized that the platen still being in the incubator would most likely cause more problems than not so quickly removed it and discovered I have 1 pipped, one where the shell is cracked and one rocking violentlyView attachment 1912547
yeah sometimes they all decide to go at same time, I had one that hatched a day after the 5 that hatched back to back, GL

@Fur-N-Fowl where are you? Now, you have one quail egg? Is it Coturnix? Will it hatch with the chicken, the same day?
@aliciaplus3 Hatching for someone else is good, as you don't have to clean after baby chicks, but what if the eggs don't hatch? Will these be your own eggs or theirs?
The eggs are from a 4h family and the gal wanting them is a friend of a friend.... but I always try to make sure they understand that it's up to the eggs.. and I cant make guarantees.... I have hatched several times in the past for others and had few issues.... I get better hatch rates with my own eggs, or maybe thsts in my head?

Oh my... my broody kicked an egg out today. I've popped it back under, but it was cold so expecting that one to be a loss now - was one of the Dorkings :(
We're on day 19\20ish - my broody's put herself in lockdown. She was chatting up the eggs this morning, but was quiet when I checked in on her this afternoon. Refusing food and hardly touching water at the moment.

Oh my... my broody kicked an egg out today. I've popped it back under, but it was cold so expecting that one to be a loss now - was one of the Dorkings :(
We're on day 19\20ish - my broody's put herself in lockdown. She was chatting up the eggs this morning, but was quiet when I checked in on her this afternoon. Refusing food and hardly touching water at the moment.
Usually if a hen kicks an egg out she's brooding the chick has died for some reason and could cause issues with your other eggs, if a hen kicks and egg out do not put it back under her, if it was an accident she will put it back herself

Back
Top Bottom